“Perfect Tahoe Retreat”
other travellers have booked this property
Spa Overlooking USFS meadow
View of meadow and 60 acre USFS reserve behind the cabin.  Great for short walks and exploring !! View of cabin and backyard with bench swing
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Spa Overlooking USFS meadow
View of cabin and backyard with bench swing
2-car garage.
Front of Chalet
East Side of Chalet with Multi-level decks
Downstairs bedroom #1.
Downstairs bedroom #2.
Downstairs bathroom.
Living Room.
Living room with TV.
Dining Room seats 8 comfortably, extra chairs available.
Kitchen fully outfitted with every you need.
2nd Upstairs Bathroom.
Upstairs Bunk Room for the kids or adults with Cable TV, DVR, DVD, VCR -- Lot's of movies available.
Air Hockey game in upstairs bund room.
Upstairs Master Bedroom with computer, printer and wireless internet access.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

RustyMill...
Walnut Creek, California
“Perfect Tahoe Retreat”
Reviewed September 3, 2014 for a stay in August 2014
people found this review helpful

I was absolutely amazed by the cabin. First off I want to say Chuck the owner is a very friendly host for my fiance and myself. When you arrive you realize that you are close to stateline while still maintaining distance from the noise and frenzy of South Lake. Upon entering the cabin I was taken back by how homey this cabin really is. You will not feel like you are staying at a rental but instead at a close friend or relatives vacation home. the kitchen is big enough to prep and cook a proper meal which was a big one for me as I am a chef for a living. Rooms are ample in size and the bed are sooo comfortable you will not want to get up in the morning. Everything was immaculate when we arrived and when i spoke with Chuck he told me not to worry about anything as everything we would need was already at the house, well he was not kidding. He stocks the kitchen with every necessity you could imagine (even a couple cold beers when I arrived) towels for two on each bed and plenty more in the closet. Once you make your way to the back of the cabin it will take your breath away with the view that you get to enjoy. I like the fact that there are neighbors but the foliage covers any visibility into the back yard and spa area making it nice and private. The spa... I arrived late on my first night (10pm) and all I wanted after the four hour drive was to sit in that spa... when I arrived it was clean and hot (108 degrees) and the next morning after breakfast I spent a good portion of the morning relaxing staring at the woodland creatures roaming in the field. 5 minutes from the "Y", maybe 10 minutes to state line, there is a convenience/grocery store at the end of the neighborhood and well within walking distance but the prices did reflect that convenience. The area is very quiet and probably not suited for rowdy folks, but if you want a beautiful cabin to relax this is it, it just might make you not want to leave. This was one of if not the best times I have had in Tahoe. I will definitely come back again. One bit of advice when using the grill, do not leave anything unattended, I got my steak taken by a squirrel... of course there are bears and raccoon which will not bother you if you do not give them a reason to. Wifi is spotty at times, I had three bars when I set my laptop up near the spa but any farther and its gone. Not handicapped friendly, you will need to be able to manage about twelve stairs coming and going.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The total experiance
Liked least: Leaving
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing