“Massage scam”
Review of A Body ReNEW Massage Spa - CLOSED

A Body ReNEW Massage Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Thank you to all of our clients for their lovely comments. We are closing the business and will no longer be accepting new clients. Please visit Biospirit Day Spa or Elements Day Spa for you massage needs in South Lake Tahoe.
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Mess up with scheduling appointment. Door locked, when Somme finally came to door would not even give me the phone number to call a taxi but left me standing in the cold and dark. I called the phone number and they are an off site scheduling service and could not call a taxi.
Out of the way place, seemed pretty unprofessional

2  Thank Suzanne270
ABodyReNEWMassageSpa, Owner at A Body ReNEW Massage Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

After extensively researching this, we have been unable to find a call from Suzanne scheduling an appointment. With the information we have, we can only conclude that she reserved an appointment with another massage business, which is why we didn't have an appointment for her on our schedule. When she arrived at our office and knocked on the door, our therapists were startled by her interruption but needed to attend to the clients they were treating. Our receptionist was available for her to speak with, but they are located off-site so that we can provide a tranquil environment during our massage treatments. -Marla, Owner of A Body ReNEW Massage Spa

Reviewed September 23, 2012

I arrived in town with an ongoing shoulder problem; booked Marla for massage immediately. She is well worth seeing if you are in need of a good massage. Massage room was clean and nicely decorated. Marla took her time to discuss my needs and did a great job!

1  Thank CRGNY94
Reviewed July 24, 2012

My wife wanted a massage while we were on vacation in the lake tahoe area. After she looked online, she found a spa package that was very reasonable and booked it. When I picked her up after her hour and a half massage, she said it was a wonderful experience, and was treated very well by marla, the owner/massage therapist. If we're ever back in the area, she'll go again most definitely!

1  Thank chuckybear
Reviewed June 19, 2012

My sister and I just had the best message ever at A Body ReNew Massage Spa in S Lake Tahoe! If you are looking for the expensive decor and all the expensive products sitting around that will be pushed on you to buy then this place is not for you! The decor is plain but the service is excellent!!! Lori and Andrea? (not sure of her name) were very knowledgeable and informative and never pushed to buy products. In fact not even one product. We were sorry that our time was up and we both were there for 2 hours!! I highly recommend you try this place out.
Rhonda from MN
Robin from CA

Management response:Responded June 22, 2012

Thank you! We'll look forward to seeing you again the next time you're in town.

See more reviews
Reviewed June 1, 2012 via mobile

On a whim my husband and I made a trip to Tahoe and thought we'd splurge on a massage. While we weren't able to have our massage side by side (doesn't look like they have room for that option), we both had one in separate rooms at the same time. Both of us came out thoroughly relaxed, though my husband said his massage therapist was a little slower than he liked. Mine was just right. The office itself is simple, almost reminds me of a doctors office upon entering but the rooms we were in were quiet, dark and relaxing, with perfect ambience sounds playing to complete the experience. It was less expensive than the other places we called and they could fit us in last minute unlike most other places. A few places we called spoke to us like we were crazy to even ask such a thing last minute. Not this place, though getting someone on the phone took some patience. At first it was a general message asking you to hold and someone will be with you shortly, and the woman I initially spoke with seemed a little overwhelmed with calls. But in the end after a nice massage those little things don't matter much anyway.

1  Thank StocktonGetaway_Girl
ABodyReNEWMassageSpa, Owner at A Body ReNEW Massage Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

Thank you for your generous praise. I will be speaking to our receptionists to see how we can improve things on that end.