1,607 results
All reviewsjapanese feelingamazing spaan overnight stayjapanese bathsuperior roombreakfast was amazingsake barjapanese gardenoutdoor hot poolsperfect escapeconferencerelaxationrobemindfulnessarchipelagostockholmsweden
Reviewed January 2, 2018 via mobile

We were here for a night, the baths and our room was a wonderful experience, although I could wish for better guiding from personnel and signs, we never did find that salt bath. Our stay included a three course menu and here we weren’t satisfied at all, as vegetarians we didn’t really get a choice, but that would have been fine had the food been better. The dumplings for starters were dry as ash, the tofu boring and dry, the baked egg bland. Only the desserts were up to scratch. If you go here don’t put your money on the three course dinner, it’s not worth it, go for the simpler and cheaper bar menu instead. And the baths are definitely worth a visit!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
KerstiO2, Informationsansvarig at Yasuragi, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

We are happy you enjoyed the new Japanese bath and the hotel room. As for the dinner we are so sorry we at this time were not able to live up to the level of experience expcted at Yasuragi.

Reviewed September 6, 2017

Pretty nice spa, but in grey concrete bunker on the suburb of Stockholm. Funny, shallow outdoor pools with hot water, amazing wintertime. NIce "quiet room" with chairs and couches. Pretty nice restaurant and bar with "japanese" coures, beer, sake etc. A lot of conference rooms of different sizes. Nice for business and friens meetings. Not cheap.
Caution: was there many times with friends for relax - an always OK. Only once att hotel and probably never again - poor standard.

Room Tip: Nice for relax with friends, and business meeting+relax. Not for young children.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed August 17, 2017

I was traveling for work and the travel department from my company booked me in this hotel. I was a bit apprehensive in the beginning, as I wouldn't normally expect a Japanese Spa in Sweden, but hey, that's why you travel.
Getting there was quite easy from the airport using a taxi, I think it would have been difficult using public transport as it is not in a town.
The decor and spa were excellent. Incredibly clean, quite and quaint location. Amazing views of all the passing by passenger ships. Food was japanese-themed and was absolutely delicious. Although my trip was work related, I thoroughly enjoyed this hotel and the spa.
The bed was not something I am used to. It is really low, almost on the floor. The room decor was very minimal, but cozy as well.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed May 23, 2017

I was here for two nights for a conference, and the spa was closed for construction, so I cannot comment on those features.
A note, this hotel is pretty isolated, so if you forget any essentials or don't have your own car, you might feel a little trapped. The grounds look really lovely (and the views from my room were really nice) - unfortunately I didn't get much chance to explore those.
What I can comment on are the rooms and general hotel - it seems kind of shoddily constructed...I was surprised at how cheap the room features (bathroom hardware, shelving, lamps, etc) were, and how poorly planned the space. Though they bill it as Japanese understatement, it was in fact mostly just inconveniently organized. There was no closet, just a 5 inch wide gap behind the TV with a few hangers. No desk or chair, so no where to work aside from the radiator or the bed. No USB ports. No washcloths. No space whatsoever for a suitcase. No room service. No minibar. No information about the area provided. The front desk staff was pretty unhelpful, providing no information at check in about the restaurant or the facilities, and not particularly friendly. The entire hotel had a strange warehouse feel - but not in a clean, modern way. The hallways were downright depressing, with worn out carpet and many missing ceiling tiles. Perhaps if you are enjoying the spa it makes up for all of that? For the price I would have expected more. On the upside, all the food we had was quite good.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed April 25, 2017

Yasurai guests paid for extended stay (until 4 pm) must free their rooms at noon. This very specific feature is not clearly explained on Yasuragi website, so it might be a very bad surprise for the visitors.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com