All reviewsnespresso machineone nightdelightful coupledressing roombalcony overlookingperfect hostscooked eggspeace and quietbreadchateau dehome madefruit juiceluxurious bedcatherineguestsbedroomluxury
Reviewed August 29, 2016

Wonderful weekend away at this gorgeous little walled chateau. Relaxed and helpful hosts. Great location about 10 mins from both Boulogne and Wimeraux on the coast. Fabulous quiet beaches if you look for them. As for the seafood..........

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank robertmorriscooper
Reviewed August 23, 2016

Wife & I were on a short motoring break - two days in St valery-sur-somme then an overnight here, really nice Chateau, splendid room & view, we were a bit rushed so we missed breakfast next day but it looked good. Guy was very helpful & drove us down to the Petite Brocante restaurant in the local village in the evening & the owner drove us back, which seems to be a standard arrangement - restaurant + meal & service were excellent. Also in the village is a little bar/ brasserie Le Denacre, best mussels I've ever had, and I've had a few! full of chunky veg & herbs - seriously, don't miss it!

Thanks again Guy, I would definitely stay again if in the area!

Fred Jones (Mean Green '58 Chevy Impala)

Room Tip: All rooms look excellent
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 15, 2016

I had always wanted to stay at a chateau. We failed last time because the once we tried were on the Loire and for us, were prohibitively expensive. When I booked this I was pretty excited because the pictures made it look pretty special, however I have been travelling long enough to know how deceptive hotel pictures can be. in this case the pictures are an accurate reflection of the magnificence of the place. Guy and Catherine were excellent hosts and we felt very special staying there. it is a stay I will long remember and look forward to returning to (perhaps on the way back!)

Room Tip: Our room was excellent
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 14, 2016

This charming house, high on a hill behind Wimereux, is run by a lovely French couple, aided by their three adult sons. Our room, overlooking the garden, was comfortable and had everything we needed, including coffee making machine. We were made very welcome. Breakfast was good.

Room Tip: There are only 4 rooms, but all will be quiet and I'm sure, all as lovely as ours, which overlooked the large garden.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 17, 2016

Like others here, we only stayed one night the first time.. but we will definitely be returning. This is such a charming place, with the most charming hosts one could hope for. The rooms are huge and very well appointed. One or two have a rather distant and partial sea view but that's better than none. The night we stayed the weather was awful - howling winds gusting up to around 40 mph/64kmh and occasional bouts of torrential rain. The atmosphere staying in a place like this on such a night is indescribable but if you've ever wanted to sleep on the set of a horror film... :) The bed was very comfortable and we both got an excellent night's sleep. Going out onto the balcony in between the rain showers and looking out over the grounds, with the trees swaying (a lot!) was an experience.

This is a small establishment - just four guest rooms - and the breakfast/dining room is sized accordingly. The breakfast was excellent, all the ingredients being of high quality and a surprising breadth of choice, given the small number of guests. Real maple syrup is something I've rarely seen available at breakfast, even in some very expensive establishments. Then came the surprise - expecting a traditional French petit dejeuner, we were offered cooked eggs. Perfect poached eggs duly arrived.

There is a lounge - actually more of a reading room - with, in season, a roaring log fire and deep upholstered armchairs that you can lose yourself and your book in.

Next time, we will book for Friday night when Guy and Catherine cook dinner for their guests.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple