All reviewswhite horseworking farmnorth yorkshiresitting roomlovely bed and breakfastwhite companylong weekendthought of everythingshort drivefantastic stayon arrivalcarolinelambsoaktaxitoiletrieswedding
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Great setting on the doorstep of both the Yorkshire Moors and Dales, really comfy bed and wondrous joy - homemade biscuits & posh chocs on the tea tray. Breakfast spread was really good too and somehow very calming watching the free-range chickens mooching about in the morning.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank brotherharry
Reviewed June 30, 2012

In our trip the only real farm adress. Very hospital (lent us a pair of boots for a walk) and beautiful dining room. Very good breakfast. Our room Yeoman was sufficient but rather small with a poor view.

Room Tip: choose your room on the back of the house.They have more space and good views. Unfortunately these were booked when we made inquiries.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank leiderdorp
Reviewed April 7, 2012

This is simply the best B&B my wife and I have stayed in. Everything is so well-thought out, but nothing feels overdone. The bedrooms are comfortable, but classy with lots of considerate touches. We ate a perfectly cooked breakfast, including home-made jam, overlooking a field with lambs playing. It helps that the farmhouse is heritage listed, and perfectly positioned between York, the Dales and the Moors. Our hosts were warm and nothing was too much trouble. I'd recommend Cundall Lodge to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fenshaw
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Mother-in-law, wife and I stayed one evening at Cundall Lodge Farm on our way from London to Pittenweem, Scotland. Caroline welcomed us and then served Christmas cake and Wensleydale cheese in the guest lounge, complete with roaring fire.
The rooms are lovely - my mother-in-law, especially appreciated her fantastic room - something that a single person travelling, usually misses out on.

Caroline called and booked us a table at The Oak Tree at Helperby - we had great food with lovely atmosphere and service, not to forget great Timothy Taylors!

The beds are perfect - another 'gold' and something so often overlooked by Guest House and Hotel owners.
Our breakfast was served in the most idyllic room, overlooking the rolling Dale.
The only reason we couldn't stay on our return trip to London was that Caroline and David were Lambing on the farm whilst attempting to take time out for Christmas!

Thoroughly recommended and I look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed November 2, 2011

Superb! My job has taken me all over the UK and as a result I have used hundreds of B&B's in the few years. With the aid of affiliated bodies such as enjoyengland.com and review sites such as this, it's easy now to 'see' what you're getting for your money. My family tell me I am VERY particular and if I say it's good - it's GOOD!! Well.... Cundall Farm is bloomin marvellous! I stayed here with my husband on Friday 28th Oct & my parents also stayed - they had the twin room, we had the White Horse room. Both were outstanding. Lots of thoughtful extras, beautifully & tastefully decorated & furnished. HUGE bathrooms!

Quality everywhere you looked from the toiletries, the bedlinen and even the biscuits - yum! On arrival, Tea & cake was served in the sitting room & there was roaring fire to welcome us too :) Breakfast was just as good as we had hoped and top quality ingredients used ;)

Fabulous views from our room across the Yorkshire countryside. Lots of places to eat nearby & Caroline will happily supply a list to choose from - we used 'The Lamb Inn' in nearby Rainton & it was excellent.

We will return - that is both & threat & a promise LOL!!!

Room Tip: The White Horse room as spectacular views. The twin room has a bathroom big enough to have a tango in!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family