“Wonderful place to stay.”
Review of Cundall Lodge Farm

Cundall Lodge Farm
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cundall
Cundall Lodge Farm
Ranked #1 of 1 Cundall B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 November 2012

We chose Cundall Farm as it is very convenient for the A1 and we needed somewhere to break a long journey but it was a beautiful building and a really delightful place to stay. Homemade cake on arrival, posh chocs and shortbread to nibble. We had a very comfortable night's sleep and an excellent breakfast served in a beautiful dining room. There was a lot of choice too. Everything was scrupulously clean and the decoration tasteful. I particularly enjoyed the range of books and magazines to dip into.

Room Tip: The White Horse has a wonderful view if the weather permits.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 September 2012

Great setting on the doorstep of both the Yorkshire Moors and Dales, really comfy bed and wondrous joy - homemade biscuits & posh chocs on the tea tray. Breakfast spread was really good too and somehow very calming watching the free-range chickens mooching about in the morning.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank brotherharry
Reviewed 30 June 2012

In our trip the only real farm adress. Very hospital (lent us a pair of boots for a walk) and beautiful dining room. Very good breakfast. Our room Yeoman was sufficient but rather small with a poor view.

Room Tip: choose your room on the back of the house.They have more space and good views. Unfortunately these w...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank leiderdorp
Reviewed 7 April 2012

This is simply the best B&B my wife and I have stayed in. Everything is so well-thought out, but nothing feels overdone. The bedrooms are comfortable, but classy with lots of considerate touches. We ate a perfectly cooked breakfast, including home-made jam, overlooking a field with lambs playing. It helps that the farmhouse is heritage listed, and perfectly positioned between York, the Dales and the Moors. Our hosts were warm and nothing was too much trouble. I'd recommend Cundall Lodge to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fenshaw
Reviewed 29 December 2011

Mother-in-law, wife and I stayed one evening at Cundall Lodge Farm on our way from London to Pittenweem, Scotland. Caroline welcomed us and then served Christmas cake and Wensleydale cheese in the guest lounge, complete with roaring fire.
The rooms are lovely - my mother-in-law, especially appreciated her fantastic room - something that a single person travelling, usually misses out on.

Caroline called and booked us a table at The Oak Tree at Helperby - we had great food with lovely atmosphere and service, not to forget great Timothy Taylors!

The beds are perfect - another 'gold' and something so often overlooked by Guest House and Hotel owners.
Our breakfast was served in the most idyllic room, overlooking the rolling Dale.
The only reason we couldn't stay on our return trip to London was that Caroline and David were Lambing on the farm whilst attempting to take time out for Christmas!

Thoroughly recommended and I look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 November 2011

Superb! My job has taken me all over the UK and as a result I have used hundreds of B&B's in the few years. With the aid of affiliated bodies such as enjoyengland.com and review sites such as this, it's easy now to 'see' what you're getting for your money. My family tell me I am VERY particular and if I say it's good - it's GOOD!! Well.... Cundall Farm is bloomin marvellous! I stayed here with my husband on Friday 28th Oct & my parents also stayed - they had the twin room, we had the White Horse room. Both were outstanding. Lots of thoughtful extras, beautifully & tastefully decorated & furnished. HUGE bathrooms!

Quality everywhere you looked from the toiletries, the bedlinen and even the biscuits - yum! On arrival, Tea & cake was served in the sitting room & there was roaring fire to welcome us too :) Breakfast was just as good as we had hoped and top quality ingredients used ;)

Fabulous views from our room across the Yorkshire countryside. Lots of places to eat nearby & Caroline will happily supply a list to choose from - we used 'The Lamb Inn' in nearby Rainton & it was excellent.

We will return - that is both & threat & a promise LOL!!!

Room Tip: The White Horse room as spectacular views. The twin room has a bathroom big enough to have a tango i...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2011

I stayed at Cundall Lodge Farm en route from London to Edinburgh with my wife and two children, aged 9 and 11. My only regret is that we didn't have more time to spend there! It is a postcard perfect farmhouse set amid lovely rolling farmland in a very quiet location. We attended an evening performance at Newby Hall, which is not far away (and also worth a visit) so only arrived to Cundall Lodge fairly late, but the hosts were very accommodating for us event though it was close to midnight when we arrived. The breakfast was ample and delicious. The rooms were very large and stately with particularly comfortable beds and lovely views. Nobody wanted to leave in the morning!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

Been to Cundall Lodge Farm? Share your experiences!