All reviews cake warm welcome stayed here breakfast was delicious hosts alan miles accommodation
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I was cycling 75 miles to a hendo in York, because the races were on, accommodation in York itself was high so doing some searching, I came across the old Presbytery's website, which looked like such a bargain. And yes, it was.
I was warmly welcomed with tea and cake, which after a full day of cycling, was lovely. The fire was very nice too and I made the most of it, enjoying the social area and relaxing to the clock tick and fire crackle; I could have fallen asleep just there I was so content.
The room was comfortable and it was nice to find somewhere suitable for a solo traveller. The bathroom was clean and very classy.
I only had a small breakfast as I was due to join hen-do celebrations which included eating out, but what I did have was very nice indeed.
I would love to come back here with my other half to enjoy the hospitality and see more of the area.

Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
presbytery, Owner at Old Presbytery Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2013

Thank you, we always enjoy nice guests, Chistine & Chris

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Very easy to find because the house is on the main road and the b&b is set in a lovely old building. Owners are very welcoming, I stayed here for five nights and you are offered a pot of tea and fruit cake every night you get back.
The lounge is very cosy with the stove burner and the rooms are very comfortable with en-suite facilities, tv, tea/coffee making facilities.
Breakfast time was changed to suit me, it is usually between 8 and 9 but I had to be away earlier than that so breakfast was served for me at 7.30 and was very filling.
The security gates provide some additional security for the car park.
Would definately stay again.

Date of stay: April 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you, nice to know we are still on track, Christine & Chris

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Booked this 4hrs before I arrived based on the reviews and it did not disappoint. My bag was carried from the carpark by a very welcoming Chris. Met Christine and Jess the dog when they came with a huge pot of tea and some fruit cake for me. Lovely warm sitting room, comfortable and clean single room. I especially appreciated the bottle of water on the hospitality tray. Excellent breakfast and lovely chat with the perfect hosts. I would not hesitate to stay here again and am recommending it to all my friends and family.

Date of stay: February 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Thank you, Glad you enjoyed your stay. Chris

Reviewed December 19, 2012

This very old building is furnished in period style, reminiscent of an old farmhouse. The room was comfortable and downstairs there is a large stone-walled lounge with a cosy log-burning stove. Outside, there is well paved parking area and security gates.

The breakfast was excellent, the best for a long time and the hosts are friendly and helpful.

My only criticism would be that the bathroom and fittings inside are past their best. The woodwork and walls in the bathroom need re-painting.

generally good value and very convenient for York and the Dales

Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank DPALTON
presbytery, Owner at Old Presbytery Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

Thank you for your kind review, after a busy season the rooms will be updated this winter

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Christine and Chris Dennis provide a wonderful B&B. This was my first visit and won't be my last. Every aspect of my stay was perfect from the pot of tea and fruit cake on my arrival, a bedroom that had everything I could want to a breakfast that sets you up for the day. Chris and Christine are perfect hosts, attentive and responsive to my needs.
Thank you for a pleasant stay ay a great price. Alan

Date of stay: September 2012