• Breakfast included
MM Tourist Home(Kasaragod)
City Tower Hotel(Kasaragod)
Emirates Regency(Kasaragod)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsinfinity poolbeach restaurantarabian seamain restaurantsandy beachtotal relaxationperfect endsouthern indiasemi open bathroomayurvedic spabreakfast is servednon smokingthe cottagesseafoodfresh fishspent two nightswine and beer
Reviewed May 10, 2018

My wife and I were driven from Coorg along rather windy roads but any discomfort was quickly forgotten as we were warmly welcomed. The resort itself is beautifully situated with well-maintained grounds and right by the ocean and a long sandy beach.

The cottage we stayed in was comfortable and attractive and kept clean and tidy twice a day. We only ate at the beach restaurant- breakfast, lunch and dinner - partly because we were not particularly hungry during our stay but also because we were very satisfied with the quality of the seafood and the excellent, natural service we received there.

The pool was exceptional, particularly because it was so quiet, and we both enjoyed borrowing books from the library in the main restaurant area.

There was one disappointment in that we were due to spend two nights on board ' The Lotus Boat' on the backwaters but a problem with the generator meant that we only had a few hours. However, this was well- handled by the management at The Hermitage in consultation with our agents, Audley Travel. We were fairly recompensed and were able to spend those two nights in the same cottage as before.

The Hermitage is relatively near to Mangalore and there is a new airport planned which will make access even easier. We really hope to return.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ChrisandAnita
GM_ABChapriRetreats, Manager at Neeleshwar Hermitage, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2018

Dear Mr. Searle,

We thank you for taking out time to review us on TripAdvisor and are happy to note your lovely comments. We are delighted to read such kind words about our retreat and are happy to know that we met your expectations. My team and I truly thank you for your kind words.

We sincerely apologise for the generator problem you had to face at The Lotus - Houseboat and we assure that whenever you plan to come and stay with us next time you experience The Lotus in its full glory.

Thank you for choosing to stay with Neeleshwar Hermitage and hope to see you soon again.

Best Regards,
Manager-Sales & Marketing

Reviewed March 29, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here with Family for 2 nights, and one night on the river boat “Lotus”. Our first night was aboard a superb riverboat on the backwaters near Neeleshwar. How peaceful and relaxing even a short boat trip, especially if there is great service and tasty local fayre!!

We then moved onto the Hermitage and a wonderful tropical beach resort. Free yoga for beginners, but believe hardy detox fans and yoga fans spend much longer than we did.

We had a sea view cottage which was wonderful with very comfy beds, outside bathroom. I was worried about mosquitos, but I needn’t have feared as the anti-mozzy coils did a great job and didn’t get bitten once.

The pool is 25m and surrounded by beds with mainly shaded or partly shaded positions.

Meals were really good as there is plenty of choice, but we were there for the seafood which didn’t disappoint. The South Indian flavours mustn’t be missed!

If you have a massage, you can have a free short session with a very impressive Ayurvedic doctor.

We went for a relaxing break and we certainly got it. It’s low key, but attentive with willing staff who are pretty on the ball.

It’s 2 hours from Mangalore, but with the skilled and sensible drivers, it’s a doddle!! Will definitely return!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Andrew H
GM_ABChapriRetreats, Manager at Neeleshwar Hermitage, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2018

Dear Andrew,

Reviewed March 25, 2018

Mr. Jayan and his amazing team could not do enough for us. Add to this - stunning yoga inspired by Indian deities, a beautiful coast line, tasty and nourishing food, relaxing treatments at the spa, stunning rooms, organised trips and you end up with the time of your life. I cannot recommend Neeleshwar Hermitage enough - both as a holiday destination and a yoga retreat. We did not want to leave!

Room Tip: There is no need for tips, having seen a few of them with my friends, all were perfect.
Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Ms. Gabrielle,

Reviewed March 24, 2018

I have just returned from this beautiful hotel and I will feel the benefits for a long time to come. The location, accommodation, staff, service and setting deserve the highest praise. Nothing is too much trouble for Mr Jain and his dedicated, enthusiastic staff. The food was delicious and creative as a result of skilled and passionate chefs. Beautiful yoga shala on the beach complemented by the spa. I will return. The pool was probably the best pool I have swum in due to the cleanliness, view and temperature. It was PERFECT

Room Tip: sea views are stunning and for some people unbeatable I had a garden room with a beautiful garden view and slightly bigger room.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Ms. Coldwell,

Reviewed March 19, 2018

This was our final place to stay after travelling a lot in southern India, everything here is fabulous, the cottage we stayed in was quite large, a fabulous semi open bathroom with lovely toiletries, snowy white and soft towels with finishing touches everywhere, you have your breakfast at tables set on the beach overlooking the Arabian Sea, you can eat here on the evening as well if you want, or undercover in the alternative restaurant/lounge. The infinity pool is next to the completely unspoilt beach, all the staff are so lovely, friendly and helpful. This is a wonderful place to relax, unwind and spoil yourself. I would suggest you end your Indian adventure here...........

Stayed: February 2018