All reviewsnew zealandgarden roomold househost judyferry terminalmuesliamazing breakfasta wonderful stayfairy talebed and breakfastbig citycomplimentary porthome away from homeshops and restaurantsauckland citysherrynz
Reviewed June 3, 2012

I decided to celebrate turning 60 with a special afternoon tea and remembered that the Peace and Plenty Inn could provide them, so booked in with Judy.

The afternoon was perfect and exactly what I wanted – a real treat for all 19 of us. As we were a large group we were the only people booked in for the afternoon and I’d asked for the tables to be moved to the side so my friends and I could mix and mingle. This worked really well (there were small tables they could use if they wanted) and the spread on the large table not only looked absolutely amazing (beautifully presented savoury and sweet teatime dainty treats, and lovely assorted china cups, saucers, plates and tiered cakestands), but tasted it, too. Judy and her team were unobtrusively ever-present to replenish tea and coffee pots and plates, and to hand round the bubbly later on. Lovely!

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Having been booked into a hotel in the city that was hell on earth during a business trip to NZ, I found Judith and the Peace and Plenty by accident on a visit to Devonport on the second day. Located in a fantastic location, the Peace and Plenty was my home for my 3 weeks stay. A beautiful house of welcome, eccentricity, Stanley the dog, clean and pretty rooms and good breakfasts. That was in February. And on a return trip during April for 2 weeks I stayed there again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Thank you so much to Judith at the Peace and Plenty Inn for opening your lovely restored Victorian homestead and idylic gardens to the public as a fundraiser for Hospice North Shore. Hundreds of people enjoyed your amazing property and your lovely hospitality. Thank you for raising over $1,000 to support those in your community who are living with a terminal illness. You are truly a community asset

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Myself and some friends booked ourselves in to the Peace and Plenty for a Mother’s Day treat to ourselves. We had a delightful time. The food was plentiful, the service friendly and the tea/bubbles flowed freely all the in surroundings of authentic Victorian splendour.

When we arrived we were joyfully wished a happy mother’s day and asked if we would like to dress up in Victorian hats to get in to the spirit of things before being seated. We were then served, bubbles, tea and a variety of dainty treats on Victorian china.

All in all we had a wonderfully time. My experience was very different from the previous review, however, they were very busy and I guess maybe mistakes can happen. I feel sad for the people below it's a shame they didn't have the same experience we and I'm sure the majority of the other guests had.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed May 14, 2012

My accommodating stay at the Peace and Plenty guest house in April 2012 will remain a joyous percept in my mind for an appreciable time to come. I have yet to stay in a more astounding and efficacious environment.
On arrival, I Ascended to the warmest genuine welcome from Judy and Stan-hound (the proprietors) rather than being ingratiated as "just another guest" as I've so often been faced with upon arrival to comparable higher-quality establishments.
My room at the front of the imposing building was decidedly spacious and aesthetically pleasing being laid out in true victorian style yet having all mod cons surreptitiously concealed. Port and brandy were alluringly displayed in fine cut glass' on my mantle tempting me to nip freely on more than one occasion!
Throughout my luxurious 3 day sojourn I encountered several of the staff who I found always to be courteous, and who quietly went about their duties with real alacrity. Everything was meticulously kempt and the magnificent grounds, bustling with specimen flora giving swatches and swathes of colour, are an artistic attribution to this home, which truly ought to be a contribution to Home and Garden Magazine!
The arrangement of the sumptuous breakfast table was a palatable reflection of the gardens; everything thing you'd possibly want for, but leaving no room for anything further.
Summing up, I would say Judy's eye for detail and her charismatic drive toward excellence has made her a credit to the Peace and Plenty and in turn, the Peace and Plenty gives glory to Devonport!! I cannot recommend a stay here highly enough!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo