“Wonderful Wedding Venue in Picturesque Devonport, North Shore, Auckland, New Zealand”

Peace and Plenty Inn
Ranked #1 of 8 Devonport B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 7 November 2012

We were married at the Peace & Plenty on 3 November 12, we wanted somewhere not too large for our small wedding party (max 25 - 30 People) a small hall or something we thought, but a friend of ours recommended the Peace & Plenty as a place that would fit the bill - so we went off to see the place and meet Judy the owner and host, we were blown away with the old world character and charm of the place, the photos and even the video on her web site don't do it justice, it is so lovely, and Judy takes care of your every need for your wedding, or if you want you can arrange your own catering etc. and she will fit in with you - she was great right from our first meeting until after our wedding, which was absolutely brilliant, everyone remarked on how charming and homely the hotel is, to cap off the perfect day we stayed the night as guests and again we loved it. We can highly recommend the Peace & Plenty as wonderful, affordable and different venue for a great small wedding or just a great place to stay for a break in beautiful Devonport, NZ. We want to stay there again one day soon!!! Thanks Judy and the P&P for making our special day extra special!

Room Tip: All room are really nice and peaceful.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TatandRob

Reviewed 13 October 2012

This quaint B&B is absolutely fantastic. The rooms are all stunning, the breakfast was delicious and filling, and the lady who owns it is a delight. The dog is also very cute. I would thoroughly recommend this to anyone looking for a good nights sleep. Plus only two minutes walk from the 10 minute ferry to Auckland city centre - couldn't be in a better location really.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ben C
Reviewed 11 October 2012

It was my birthday high-tea. We thoroughly enjoyed the setting and the atmoshpere. To have this venue right on our doorstep is a treasure.
The afternoon brought back memories of this kind of afternoon tea with our grandparents.
The victorian hats and Judy's photo's all added to the occassion.
We will certainly be recommending Peace and Plenty to all our friends.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank 140Maureen51
Reviewed 6 October 2012

"O" for AWESOME place for a very comfortable "High Tea"

I Robert Wilton, went to this place with my family for my mum's birthday for a "High tea". It was very enjoyable afternoon tea. I have only been to 1 other "high tea" with my family. Very nice ladies & tea & food set out well on the table. I liked this venue very much. I would reccomend it to all my mates.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 September 2012

We very like this place because we have a wonderful wedding there!
And our guests told us they love this place cause here has beautiful view and comfortable room, especially has a amazing garden!
All of my guests on wedding are Chinese, we normally have wedding in restaurant or hotel, but from today, they know this place and this wedding style, its very special than traditional in China. They all love it.
Thanks Judy, not only for the nice food but also for the patiently service!
Also thanks Margaret for the ceremony; I am very regrettably that Margaret didn’t have a delicious high tea after ceremony! My wife told me she very like you!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2012

Awesome spacious character home oozes with charm. Friendly professional service from Judith and Stanley. Would love to know the secret muesli recipe.
The Peace and Plenty Inn lives up to its name. You won't want to go back to a motel/hotel after staying here. My only complaint... Why aren't there more places to stay with great hospitality, location and top food like the Peace and Plenty Inn. I can't think of a better place to take your partner to stay in Auckland. Looking forward to our next weekend here.

Room Tip: You can't really go wrong, however every room is unique in character.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2012

My friend is turning 50 and chose to have a "High Tea" (and bubbles) as one of the ways to mark her special occasion. I don't think she could have picked a nicer place for the "ladies" (all 25 of us) to celebrate the occasion.
Great food, delightful hostess(es), a lovely atmosphere and fantastic hats!! I will definitely go back.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Devonport
0.2 km away
3.5 km away
CityLife Auckland
CityLife Auckland
#9 of 66 in Auckland Central

Been to Peace and Plenty Inn? Share your experiences!