“Repeat visit”

Britannia Brewpub Steveston
Ranked #79 of 1,018 Restaurants in Richmond
Reviewed August 4, 2018 via mobile

As I sometimes come through Vancouver for business I always make sure I get to come here once or twice. Great beers and food. Always friendly staff.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed June 18, 2018

It was Saturday, sunny and Steveston, swarming with people...all adding up to no seating at any of our regular spots and no take out on the wharf available for at least 45 minutes. This left only one choice - try the Britannia Brewpub, a locale we had not yet visited. From the minute we walked in and were greeted by the professional and friendly wait staff, we knew the Gods of Take a Chance were on our side. There was no table seating available, either inside or on the patio, so we opted to sit at the bar, always fun and sometimes an education. Thirsty and hungry we ordered the fish and chips and the braised short rib sandwich, served with truffle chips. Both choices were tasty and well presented. My only comment is the size of the bun that was used for the braised rib sandwich...I have become a flat bread, foccacia, tortilla fan, as typical buns are too filling for me and take away from the main star - usually the meat. Having said that, both of us ate every bite, only stopping to drink our IPAs and solemnly swear to return. Our IPAs had IBUs (I now know, courtesy of the Barman/part owner, that IBU stands for International Bitterness Unit) of 58, which meant that they had a high bitterness content, which certainly did not detract from how cold and tasty they were. The staff described the food and answered all questions in friendly and easy-to-understand ways and went out of their way to make sure we were enjoying ourselves and our meals. On our next trip to Steveston, the Britannia Brew Pub will be our first choice and we have already recommended it to others.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed May 10, 2018

It has it all: really great food and drinks, perfect service in a relaxed very pleasant setting and a lovely patio. Can’t say enough. We had the japanese Caesar and their craft beer, a yellow beet and goat cheese salad, the best mussels and clams I have had and great glazed meatballs on pasta sheets. A little gem in Steveston....

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

Only one caveat- in the cooler months at busy times it can get noisy! This can be a very busy place! GREAT location with lots of atmosphere. I have the same thing most times - a burger with goat cheese and two small glasses of lager. The lager beer is the best I’ve had.

The interior think creamy white wood wicker and blue accents. Nautical. If you sit outside which in good weather is an obvious choice even if it is a tad chilly - you can ask for a warm wrap to take the chill off and they have outside overhead heat lamps.

I doubt you’ll regret visiting this spot.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed April 1, 2018

We don’t go here often and when we do it’s usually with a big group on a sunny day to enjoy the patio. Great place to people watch and enjoy a cold beer and some appetizers. We’ve also been for brunch and dinner a few times but I found it a bit of a disappointment - the tables inside are very close together and the food is just missing something - taste like food I can get at most west coast restaurants.

Date of visit: March 2018