“Good food ”

Ranked #111 of 942 Restaurants in Richmond
Neighbourhood: East Cambie
Neighbourhood: East Cambie
Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

A typical denny's but worked out well for an inexpensive meal. They offer seniors menu for over 55 years. And offer breakfast all day. Turkey dinner good. Cranberry from a can
The lettuce for salad was starting to oxydize but all in all a pretty good meal

Reviewed 13 September 2017

I’ve gone past this place countless times over the years, just recently stopping in here for some late-night eats. My partner and I were rather peckish following a late show at BC Place and wanted a quick bite to eat. We didn’t want McDonalds, nor did we want Richmond’s “second best pizza” since we’d had it the night before. And then a realization dawned upon us: Denny’s is open 24-hours and it’s just a couple minutes’ walk from our hotel! So, in we went.

Given the late hour (after midnight), it was reasonably busy; however, we were seated promptly. After studying the hodgepodge menu that Denny’s is famous for, we ordered: a breakfast skillet with flapjack; breakfast poutine; buffalo chicken strips; a side of honey jalapeno bacon; strawberry milkshake and a soda beverage. The food came quickly and was of pretty decent quality – about what you’d expect of a Denny’s. My partner’s skillet with seasonal fruit looked good; my chicken strips were juicy, tender and not over-sauced; and my breakfast poutine was OK, but kind of underwhelming and bland, especially for something advertised as containing “seasoned red-skinned potatoes and squeaky cheese curds topped with Hollandaise sauce.” The potatoes were rather dry and uninspired, but the hollandaise sauce saved them from total failure. Even though it didn’t seem very “breakfasty” to me, I’d probably order it again because it wasn’t terrible by any means. As for the strawberry milkshake . . . well, it was alright. It was more of a “chocolate strawberry milkshake” using phony powdered chocolate as the base. Why? Apparently the kitchen had run out of milk and so the substitution was made. It was acceptable but not ideal. I won’t blame any of the staff for this oversight because that’s more of a management issue.

FOOD: 3/5
SERVICE: 3.5/5
VALUE: 4/5
RECOMMENDATION: In the end, we left satisfied and that’s the main thing. If you come to Denny’s expecting something resembling high end cuisine, you’ll doubtless be disappointed. If, however, you come looking for casual eats and keep your expectations realistic, then you should leave happy. The staff at this location were friendly and we did not observe any cleanliness issues with the space.

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Was the only place near our hotel with decent price. The food was good, service was hit or miss, but the establishment was filthy.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

At 3pm it was full, and most people ordered breakfast food
I ordered the sticky bun breakfast
2 eggs your way, bacon, hash brown, and a second plate with 2 buttermilk cinnamon pancakes with caramalized pecans in the middle with cream cheese icing drizzled on top
Whoah! Very generous portions, delicious
server was very friendly, helpful. It was my first time in years, menu was a bit overwhelming
Next time I'll go for the milk shake...or maybe...so many choices
the place was clean

Reviewed 11 August 2017

Before we get to the food, the premises was akin to a pig's sty. The floor was filthy, the tile wall at our table had dried liquid on it and the servers couldn't be bothered to clean it. The garden salad that came with the country fried steak wasn't as fresh as it could have been and the country fried steak itself was room temperature. Service was really lacking and no wonder because the staff was having a party by the kitchen laughing out loud. Next time, we'll drive the extra distance to the Denny's on Marine Drive in Vancouver. Everything from the service to the food to the atmosphere is worth the drive over this Denny's.