All reviews boathouse restaurant heavenly bed deep tub corner room separate tub vancouver airport club floor floor to ceiling windows self park nice bathroom richmond night market next morning very nice hotel great room richmond area minute drive canada line
Reviewed September 19, 2018 via mobile

My flight was delayed coming into Vancouver and by the time I arrived it was already passed midnight. Everything wrong that could happen just happened to me that day.

Upon arriving at the Westin, I was already exhausted and in a bad mood, I just wanted to check in and goto bed.

I was greeted by a very cheerful girl at the front desk, her name was Theresa. She checked me in and I guess she noticed I wasn’t having a very good night so she asked if everything was ok, I didn’t say much but she said somethings to make me laugh which was just what I needed. We chatted a little bit during the check in process and by the time I was in my room, I felt relaxed and happy.

Thank you Theresa for brightening up my night, I had a wonderful stay!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed September 14, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for one night on transit between Australia and Alaska. The hotel is close to the airport and provides a free shuttle. We arrived early in the morning after a 14 hour flight and the staff went out their way to get us a room soon after we arrived so that we could rest. The rooms are very comfortable and the beds are super comfy. Although there was quite a bit of external noise, traffic and construction, it did not bother us in terms of sleeping. We had dinner in the restaurant and really enjoyed the fish dishes. The service was excellent. Breakfast was top notch and again, great service. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights here after our Alaskan cruise and this place is perfect. It’s about a 5-7 minute drive to YVR for our flight and the Premium Outlets for some retail therapy. It’s also in Richmond so catching some grub is convenient.

We checked in around 10pm after flying into YVR. Front desk staffs were cordial and helpful. We got a rather spacious corner room with floor to ceiling windows facing the runway at YVR and my husband, an airplane fanatic, was on cloud 9. The roar of the airplanes were loud but it was not bothersome. Ear plugs were offered in the room if needed. Snacks and drinks offered in the Executive Lounge were varied and plentiful.

The only problem we had was in the bathroom - the shower would drain at a snail’s pace. In fact, it was draining so slowly that by the end of my shower, I was more than ankle deep in water. Even after stepping out of the shower and drying off, it has barely drained. We called down to front desk and as housekeeping had left for the night, they promised that they’ll get this matter fixed for us the next day.

We returned back to our room after dinner the next day and front desk informed us that engineering has come into the room and resolved the issue. Back in our room, we turned on the shower to check the drainage. The shower quickly filled up with water - still not draining. We made the call to the front desk again and they sent housekeeping up. He went into the bathroom, closed the door, poured some clog-busting solution down the drain and within minutes, a horrible stench stunk up our entire room. Curiously, I opened the bathroom door and I could see that dirty brown water with stuff had bubbled up from the drain. Housekeeping had already notified front desk that there is no way we can stay in that room that night so Alice, the manager, arranged for us to switch rooms.

Staff was at our door helping us move our belongings to the new room in the matter of minutes. We got offered the same type of room one floor higher but with an even better view of YVR.

We appreciate the hotel‘s professionalism and promptness in resolving this issue for us. As we had a late flight on the day we were to check out, Alice extended our check out time to 5:30pm. This allowed us to leave our luggage in our room while we spend the bulk of our day exploring Vancouver and then come back to freshen up before flying home. We appreciate that very much!

Would I stay here again? Definitely! Cheers to the hotel staff, especially Alice, for their superb service!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank maleehome
Reviewed September 8, 2018 via mobile

I first stayed at this hotel a year ago and had an enjoyable stay, so for a return visit to the Vancouver area, it was an easy decision to book this hotel again.

I was pleasantly surprised that my hotel was even more enjoyable this year! The hotel location is very convenient for exploring the Richmond area and not too far of a drive to the city center in Vancouver. You can even walk to the Richmond Night Market so you don’t have to fight the traffic. The hotel room is your typical comfortable Westin room. The staff was great, but I received exceptional customer service from Sarah at the front desk.

I would definitely recommend this hotel!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 4, 2018

Very close to the airport. The hotel will reimburse you for your taxi, if you travel after the shuttle hours. Very helpful concierge. Nice lobby, clean, quiet rooms with decent views. Some construction ongoing, but the noise never bothered us.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family