All reviews scottish theme chinese restaurant vancouver airport free breakfast free shuttle bit dated shuttle service comfortable bed long flight convenient location one night stay costco yvr skytrain cruise downtown
Reviewed September 27, 2012

For 2 nights stay in this hotel, overall i will say this is a good hotel. Fair room size, room & bath are very clean, comfortable bed, free Wi-Fi, free breakfast, free shutter, front desk staff, housekeeping, and all other staffs always with smile. only the check-in process may screw up everything, it take 2 and half hours to get the room key. DO I GO BACK THIS HOTEL AGAIN? My answer will be YES if no need waiting two and half hours for checking in. Here after is my check-in story:
11:30 am, walk into hotel.
front desk staff : check-in?
me : yes.
front desk staff : sorry, yesterday hotel fully booked, your room not ready yet.
me : when is possible i can check-in?
front desk staff : check-in time is 3 o'clock.
me : any possibility check-in before 3 o'clock?
front desk staff : i am not sure. you see, these people in lobby, they all wait for check-in. we can store your luggage, you can go out walk around, back at 3 o'clock.
me : I do not know this area, i am little tire, not interesting to wandering on the street.
front desk staff : then, you have to wait.
me : if any chance other room ready earlier, can i switch to the room?
front desk staff : no, today still fully booked, i can not switch any room.
me : can you help to ask housekeeping to clean our room first for us to check-in earlier, i will really appreciate.
front desk staff : no, housekeeping can not do one room then jump to the other room too far.
me : ???
Lobby is full, no chair left for us to sit, we just stand in the lobby stand half hour,
12:10 pm, one couple left (do not know where they go? go to other hotel?) we get chair to sit.
13:00 pm,
front desk staff : we have few rooms ready, who's next? (she did not follow first come first serve)
14:00 pm, God bless, few more room ready, front desk staff let me check-in, thanks God.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Meggy H, General Manager at Abercorn Inn Vancouver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Dear SamChuang,

Thank you for your comments. We strive to meet every guest's request and accommodate whenever possible. I do agree that we could have handled this situation better. We value your feedback and we take it to heart. I do hope that you will consider us again next time you are in town. Thank you again.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

The front desk greating was warm, friendly and welcoming.
Complimentary use of the business centre and high speed WIFI in guest rooms were included in the price.
Complimentary breakfast weas excellent and included regular, full breakfast items.
This hotel is also located very close to Vancouver International Airport.
I would definitely stay here again if the opportunity arose.

Room Tip: Advise the staff of any special requests when you are booking.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Cherbal,

Thank you for your comments. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our stay. We strive to provide the best service and amenities to our guests. We hope to see you again in the very near future.

Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

Very nice hotel with friendly staff! Free parking, free breakfast,very comfortable bed and great price. We were able to print our boarding passes off in the lobby and free wi-fi. Close to the airport.

• Stayed: September 2012
Meggy H, General Manager at Abercorn Inn Vancouver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Dear ash_nick_2013 ,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our stay. Looking forward to seeing you again in the near future at the BW PLUS Abercorn Inn!

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Stayed one night after returning from Heathrow, U.K. Presentation very nice in the rooms. Contrary to earlier review, I had no problem accessing the wi-fi and used it all morning. Had the free buffet breakfast which was great, waffles, sausages, scrambled eggs, toast, fruit, yogurt, cereal, etc. couldn't wish for better in a nice quiet restaurant. The shuttle bus from the airport to the hotel was timely and no problem. The bed was extremely comfortable. Only small criticism I found a faint odour of mustiness in the bathroom although it was spotless.

Room Tip: I would suggest asking for a rear room because of road noise on the main road out front, however having said that I slept right through with earplugs and a closed window.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Meggy H, General Manager at Abercorn Inn Vancouver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Dear Diana M,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and to hear that you liked our breakfast. I will certainly pass your compliments down to chef!

Thank you once again and looking forward to seeing you at the Abercorn Inn in the near future.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

We have stayed here three times now and the value is good and the staff friendly and helpful.

Situated where it is, it is great for those late night return flights where it is too late to move on to the final leg of the journey. Close to the airport and skytrain station, so whether you park and fly or use transit, you are good.

The beds are super comfortable and we always get a good night's sleep here.

• Stayed: September 2012
Meggy H, General Manager at Abercorn Inn Vancouver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Dear chefNic75,

Thank you for your comments and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay! I am also glad to hear that you are a loyal guest of ours. It would be lovely if I could say hi to you next time to thank you for your business. :)

Hope to see you soon!