New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Executive Airport Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre Richmond

Executive Airport Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre Richmond
Ranked #21 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
Seattle
“From Gilbert M. "Nice service from Eileen Leng"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

The first time It was my wife and kids who stayed at this hotel while I had to travel to Montreal for a few days. My family has been treated so well that I decided that, every time I go back to Vancouver, I will stay in the same hotel. I was looking for a Hotel close to the Vancouver Airport but didn't have a clue which one to select. I needed some good service and also affordable nice rooms which was not easy for me to decide. At reception, I was very impressed by the way Eileen Leng welcomed me and my family. The Lobby was very nice and the room she offered was very good for the price we paid. The Buffet Breakfast in the hotel and the MAD GREEK restaurant near the Hotel are amazing. Since then, I have been coming to this hotel even if I have to go for my business downtown Vancouver because we feel we are welcome by the staff, especially Eileen Leng. Keep up the good relations with your customers, it pays off.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Gilbert M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

The hotel staff were incredibly friendly and helpful with everything. We stayed there on a business trip and used the conference facilities. The main lobby was very nice and the conference facilities were comparable to any other hotel. Although we were there for business purposes, we did not stay in the Executive Tower; our rooms were located in the garden area of the hotel (I think that's what it was called) that were not situated in the main area of the hotel but instead faced the parking lot. The rooms were incredibly small and the bedroom part had somewhat been updated but not enough for the room to be considered nice. The bathroom was really terrible though; that part had not been updated. The fixtures were old and dirty, the countertop was pink laminate and falling apart, the wallpaper was peeling off and even the toilet paper holder was rusted and dirty. It was pretty gross. I'm guessing that if you stay in the Executive Tower maybe the rooms will be better. But if your room is located on the first floor (in the 100's) like ours were, change rooms or go to another hotel.

Room Tip: Stay in the Executive Tower, not the garden rooms.
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

The room was cleaned well during my 5-day stay, so kudos to the cleaning staff. The cheap plastic shower fixture was truly out of place, as were the unplugged holes in the shower tiles. I can see some major repairs coming up soon! But besides that, the room was comfortable, if not a bit outdated.
I did do some walking around the area, but was disappointed by the quality of food available, with the exception of the nearby Irish pub- great beer,great food,friendly staff.
The only real complaint I have about this hotel is that the patrons will never greet you as you come into the lobby, or even try to smile, it left me feeling more like a number than a valued customer, which is why I gave 3 stars instead of 4.
I will not be staying here during future visits.

Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

The room was clean and as expected, although perhaps a little out dated. If they don't fix the leak in the tub facet they will have a major problem, however it didn't have any effect on my sort stay. Internet was available with password but was a bit glitchy (I kept having to re connect during my meeting and couldn't connect from my room.) Breakfast was expensive and just okay. Good location to shopping and transit.

Where they did shine was getting me to the airport. When my meeting broke unexpectedly early, and there was no scheduled shuttle, an available driver took me solo to the south terminal immediately. This allowed me time for a leisurely lunch and and to catch up on some research before heading back to the Island. Nice touch and thank you.

Room Tip: Look for the junior suite deal <$90. Go to White Spot @ Richmond Centre for breakfast.
Kenmore, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

I stayed 4 days at this hotel for a meeting. I included the breakfast plan and found that a tremendously economical and hearty approach. Although I drove up, the hotel is conveniant to the airport and the metro. Onsite parking was much appreciated. I didn't have much time to enjoy the nearby sites, but the hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. There are multiple restaurants in the area, but I found the hotel restaurant was so good and the staff so friendly, that I never went anywhere else. I had a different meal each nite and the food, particularly steaks, were superb! I would highly recommend this hotel and would stay there again if the need arises.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the main tower-as their other rooms are just like any hotel and more noisy.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

We had a junior suite for 3 nights. 1 bedroom with 2 dbl beds, small kitchenette (fridge,sink, microwave and dishes) and a little 'living room' with couch (with pullout bed) and chair, coffee table. Small balcony off the bedroom - which was wonderful for fresh air. No furniture on the balcony - but may be because of the time of year.

The beds and linens were very comfy. Can't say that about the couch/chairs - but beds are much more important! One TV in the bedroom only. Would have preferred it was in the living room with the couch.

We were in the 'west tower' and the closest vending machine was in the main part of the hotel - ridiculous and a long walk for snacks/sodas, especially late at night after a long flight.

While it's not a high end place, the location is quiet and very central - lots within walking distance. 2 restaurants in the hotel and many others within short walking distance, as well as shopping. Free shuttle pick up from the airport. Clean and quiet.

Staff was friendly and helpful at each encounter. We'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Amman, Irbid, Jordan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

Executive airport plaza is one of my beloved hotels , you will find very kind staff ,taking care of you ,help alot ,their shiny smile never leave their pretty faces like Mr.Hari and Miss Susan and all of the other staff. One of the best things there its location beside the richmond center and 5 minutes walk from the metro station ,you will find free parking ,free wi fi , advise every one to stay in this hotel ,you will never regret
Dr.Taysee A.M.Younes
JORDAN

Room Tip: Corner middle suites are large and sunny