“My favorite location in the Vancouver area”

Vancouver Airport Marriott Hotel
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
Saskatoon, Canada
“My favorite location in the Vancouver area”
Reviewed 29 November 2011

Had a room on the 17th floor with a huge balcony and a fantastic view. Stayed for 3 nights. The complimentary airport shuttle was incredibly convenient. The Skytrain is within walking distance and there are several malls nearby. Food was great, service was great, beds were great. Highly recommended. Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Take the airport shuttle if flying in. Ask for room 1712, but expect to pay for a totally worthwhile...
  • Stayed December 2010, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Saint Charles, Illinois
Reviewed 14 November 2011

When I heard I was going to stay at the Vancouver Airport Marriott, I was a little concerned about the noise factor and whether it was going to be removed from any worthwhile restaurants, etc. But it turned out well. I have zero recollection of hearing jets taking off or landing and we got a good recommendation of a spot for dinner, the Cactus Club Cafe, which was walking distance (about a half mile) where we had a decent meal. As I was traveling with a group, we'd meet up after work or before dinner at the hotel's Lotus Land Lounge which is your typical hotel lounge except for Donovan the bartender who makes that little lounge his world and makes your experience there so much fun. He is super welcoming and a great personality, fun and accommodating. He even made up a couple drinks for me when I wasn't sure what I wanted. On our last night there he made up a very cute plate of strawberries with whipped cream and chocolate sauce for our table. The desk staff were also extremely professional and helpful. The beds were extremely comfortable and room service very cheerful and nice and way more breakfast than I could eat. My initial concerns were put to bed in the best possible way.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
east coast
Reviewed 5 November 2011

This is my go-to hotel when flying home from the east coast. Free shuttle runs 24 hours from the airport, staff is always on their game, check-in and check-outs are smooth and quick. Windows in the rooms actually open, which I always appreciate. And the pool and hot-tub, though not fancy, are outdoors on the roof and open year-round. A Starbucks right next door for a latte on the way back to the airport, and I think this is the best deal around. PS...they use Priceline.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Orinda, California
Reviewed 27 October 2011

This hotel is located in Richmond, the community that sits right next to Vancouver International Airport. Richmond should be called Vancouver's Chinatown #2 since there are so many ethnic shops, restaurants and businesses in this community. Parking is expensive; almost $19/day when you add the taxes.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank txleong
Nova Scotia
Reviewed 22 October 2011

We had a 1-bedroom suite with 2 queens which was very nice. We slept well - the beds were great & the room was quiet. Several restaurant choices nearby as well as on-site and there is a shopping mall very close by.
Only complaint was all the extra fees - PAY for breakfast, PAY for parking, PAY for internet, PAY for local calls. Internet costs $6/day. Parking was quoted at $13/day but after HST & something called 'Park Tax' you're up to $17.61/day. Breakfast in the on-site restaurant starts at $11. Local calls are $1.50 each!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 October 2011

We stay at this Marriott often because we travel between Nanaimo, BC (Vancouver Island) and Pittsburgh, PA about every six weeks. Our flight is too early to get from the island to the airport, so we have to stay overnight in Vancouver. This lovely boutique hotel has become almost a second home. No matter what time we check in, we are greeted with friendly, happy professionals. The lobby is small, but nicely integrated with the bar. The furnishings have been recently updated with fresh and contemporary seating areas. The bar area is fun and usually lively with business travellers during the week. It's less crowded on the weekends, but we still enjoy the same lovely service and often have dinner there (especially if I'm by myself, when i eat at the bar and chat with the bartenders.) The restaurant is lovely as well, and has a great breakfast buffet. All that, combined with wonderfully comfortable bed, mountain views, and lovely truffles, each evening, we rate this as one of the top hotels in our travels.

Also, the location is perfect for catching the sky train into downtown Vancouver, which we often do. Or we often go to the mall across the street, which has some of the best shoe stores in Vancouver! There are also a lot of great restaurants within walking distance.

The shuttle service to the airport runs every half hour and we can always count on getting to the airport before 6am.

Room Tip: Ask for mountain views. Try not to stay on the street side as you can hear traffic all night long.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 11 October 2011

From when I first stayed here, the very positive greeting I received stood out. I had not eaten lunch that day, and upon learning that, the kind girl at the front desk offered me an apple, a smile and the kind and healthy reminder by a person who cared. Wow!
The suites are quiet, clean and offer an excellent desk area to work.
And the hotel restaurant prepares fresh offerings and tasty local alternatives.
Even when I am doing business at another hotel in the area, I have still chosen to stay at the Vancouver Airport Marriott. (no, I receved no incentive for this endorsement - I am truly sincere so check it out for yourself)

Room Tip: Get a suite - gives you two rooms so you have room to invite business associates in while maintainin...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business