“Fantastic Stay”

Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Fantastic Stay”
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Everytime I travel to Vancouver for business regardless of where i have to go in the greater Vancouver area I always stay at the marriot. The checkin counter staff is friendly and courteous, the internet service is fast,. The rooms are fabulous and the amenities are second to none. The restaurant menu is great. Even the street noise is at a minumal and hasn't interupted my sleep. I reccommend anyone wanting a good nights rest to check out the Marriot you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Higher rooms on the south west side have a great view of the mountains and Vancouver in the evenings
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank RichardBish

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Banff, Canada
Reviewed 2 February 2012

I stayed here on my trip to Vancouver in December 2007.

Check-in was efficient and friendly. Rooms were clean and spacious as I have always come to expect from Marriott.

The location is good, close to a shopping mall, so you can pretty much have easy access to anything you need.

The hotel is not too close to the airport, but I had rented a car, so I managed to get there fairly quick.

I got some great sleep here, as the beds were super comfortable.

If in need of accommodation near the Vancouver Airport area in the future, I will definitely try to stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Gazpacho16
Yannick s, General Manager at Vancouver Airport Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 7 February 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your great comments for both our associates and hotel and for noticing our spacious and clean rooms. We continue to be well recognized within Marriott Hotels in North America. In regards to our location, we are in the heart of Richmond near all the major shopping and amenities while being close to the airport. We offer free airport shuttles running every half hour between the airport and the hotel. The trip is under 15 minutes. We thank you once again for the great comments and look forward having you as our guest in the future.

Yannick Simovic
General Manger | Vancouver Airport Marriott
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed 29 November 2011

Had a room on the 17th floor with a huge balcony and a fantastic view. Stayed for 3 nights. The complimentary airport shuttle was incredibly convenient. The Skytrain is within walking distance and there are several malls nearby. Food was great, service was great, beds were great. Highly recommended. Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Take the airport shuttle if flying in. Ask for room 1712, but expect to pay for a totally worthwhile...
  • Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
Saint Charles, Illinois
Reviewed 14 November 2011

When I heard I was going to stay at the Vancouver Airport Marriott, I was a little concerned about the noise factor and whether it was going to be removed from any worthwhile restaurants, etc. But it turned out well. I have zero recollection of hearing jets taking off or landing and we got a good recommendation of a spot for dinner, the Cactus Club Cafe, which was walking distance (about a half mile) where we had a decent meal. As I was traveling with a group, we'd meet up after work or before dinner at the hotel's Lotus Land Lounge which is your typical hotel lounge except for Donovan the bartender who makes that little lounge his world and makes your experience there so much fun. He is super welcoming and a great personality, fun and accommodating. He even made up a couple drinks for me when I wasn't sure what I wanted. On our last night there he made up a very cute plate of strawberries with whipped cream and chocolate sauce for our table. The desk staff were also extremely professional and helpful. The beds were extremely comfortable and room service very cheerful and nice and way more breakfast than I could eat. My initial concerns were put to bed in the best possible way.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
east coast
Reviewed 5 November 2011

This is my go-to hotel when flying home from the east coast. Free shuttle runs 24 hours from the airport, staff is always on their game, check-in and check-outs are smooth and quick. Windows in the rooms actually open, which I always appreciate. And the pool and hot-tub, though not fancy, are outdoors on the roof and open year-round. A Starbucks right next door for a latte on the way back to the airport, and I think this is the best deal around. PS...they use Priceline.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Orinda, California
Reviewed 27 October 2011

This hotel is located in Richmond, the community that sits right next to Vancouver International Airport. Richmond should be called Vancouver's Chinatown #2 since there are so many ethnic shops, restaurants and businesses in this community. Parking is expensive; almost $19/day when you add the taxes.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank txleong
Nova Scotia
Reviewed 22 October 2011

We had a 1-bedroom suite with 2 queens which was very nice. We slept well - the beds were great & the room was quiet. Several restaurant choices nearby as well as on-site and there is a shopping mall very close by.
Only complaint was all the extra fees - PAY for breakfast, PAY for parking, PAY for internet, PAY for local calls. Internet costs $6/day. Parking was quoted at $13/day but after HST & something called 'Park Tax' you're up to $17.61/day. Breakfast in the on-site restaurant starts at $11. Local calls are $1.50 each!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family