All reviews the concierge lounge american grill vancouver airport living area corner suite front desk staff separate bedroom shopping mall nice stay bit dated pool and hot tub every half hour convenient location stayed one night free shuttle shuttle service donovan
Reviewed September 13, 2018

Typically my experiences in hotel's which are going through renovations are ones to forget. It's usually filled with loud noise, outdated rooms, and a lack of direction to where everything has been moved to. A big thanks to Calvin and the front office team in making sure this was not one of those experiences. Calvin offered a warm greeting and explanation once I arrived as to where everything was with the current renovations. This was much appreciated as it gave a great first impression of the property. The front desk and phone operators were prompt and accommodating with my questions and request. As for the room, I was fortunate enough to stay in one of the renovated rooms which offered a modern, unique, comfortable experience. The hotel will definitely be one that I'll be going back to.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2018

We used all our points for this one night stay. How "nice" to be given a remodeled suite on the top floor. The room was stylish and sparkling clean. But what we didn't know until going to bed was every time the elevator moved up or down we heard it. The equipment was apparently over our room. For someone with sleep issues this was torture. By this time we'd unloaded our suitcases and were dressed for bed. I don't know the answer to this other than request we NOT be on the top floor in the future. Earplugs that were given didn't help. Staff was caring, but not a good experience.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Sharon S
Trina A, Rooms Operations Manager at Vancouver Airport Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay at the Vancouver Airport Marriott Hotel. Our apologies that you found the top floor to be noisy. We are pleased however to read that you found our Marriott Hosts to be caring and that you enjoyed our newly renovated room.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope that you choose the Vancouver Airport Marriott Hotel in the near future. If you have any questions or would like to discuss your experience further, please contact the hotel at any time and ask for the Manager on Duty.

Warm regards,

Trina Armour
Rooms Operations Manager
Vancouver Airport Marriott Hotel

Reviewed September 6, 2018

Recently stayed at the Marriott Vancouver Airport hotel. The hotel is currently being renovated but that did not impact our stay. While there were some physical implications due to the renovation the staff was fantastic. The American Grill restaurant was temporarily displaced but the food and service were still wonderful. Shanaz in the restaurant was friendly, personable and a delight. The location is great. Lots to do within walking distance and many places to eat. The pictures of the hotel after the renovation look incredible. Our room was great and it wasn't renovated yet. So, there is no doubt that (drum roll) The Best Is Yet To Come.

Room Tip: Rooms above the 11th floor have been renovated.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2018

We were traveling on vacation and found the staff friendly and helpful on arrival. The room was new and decorated beautifully. Beds were comfortable and the layout of the suite was topnotch. I would highly recommend a stay there!

Room Tip: I would recommend a higher floor on the street side.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2018

Stayed 4 nights for work trip. Check-in was quick & front desk noted my online check-in. Room on 3rd floor seemed a bit dated (not yet renovated) but overall very clean & nice. I had a 2-room suite, with front sitting room bathroom in between, and bedroom toward back, with a window. My view was of a parking lot/residential area, so I just kept curtains closed. Bedding & pillows great and seemed high quality. Toilet/shower area very small, but adequate & clean. Appreciated in room fridge & coffee maker. Concierge lounge on 3rd floor was great, staff were friendly. Breakfast was wonderful. Rooftop pool & hot tub were both small but quiet. My kids would have liked swimming in it.

Room Tip: Concierge lounge on 3rd floor; higher floors for better view
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business