“Fine for business travel”

Hilton Vancouver Airport
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
Victoria, Canada
“Fine for business travel”
Reviewed 3 February 2012

Positives: clean and well appointed rooms with up-to-date decor; on site restaurant.
Negatives: no wifi in rooms! (And no ethernet cable adapters available for apple laptops!).

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Edmonton AB
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Went during the summer of 2011 with my girlfriend for 5 nights as a mini-vacation. We got a great rate for the 5 nights and I was pleasantly surprised to still receive an upgrade to a top floor suite with a balcony(Was not a hhonors gold member at this time). The beds were first class, I am looking into purchasing one in the future as it was the most comfortable stay I've ever had! Housekeeping was excellent.

The gym is very small but most people staying here are business travelers so both the gym, pool and hot tub was unoccupied every morning and night. Parking is shared with the hotel next door(Forget the name), and is expensive as any Hotel in Vancouver is.

Will definitely stay again if I prefer value over location, as it is quite far from downtown.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Haywards Heath
Reviewed 28 January 2012

As I had a reasonanbly late arrival in Vancouver, rather than fight the Skytrain with my bags etc, I decided to stay in the Vancouver Airport Hilton for the night, and then move to the city the next day.

The courtesy bus took a while to arrive, and when it did, I was surprised by the length of the drive to the hotel. I've seen reviews where people are furstrated that some hotels at Heathrow are marketed as airport hotels when they are in Slough - this was much the same. Yes, you can just see the end of the runway from the hotel, but it is not on the airport's doorstep and is a decent drive from the terminals.

Check in was quick and the attendent polite, and I was upgraded to a corner suite. Unfortunately, as it was dark when I checked in, and tipping down with the rain the next morning, I was unable to enjoy the promised view. The room though was nice and spacious, spotlessly clean with a nice big bathroom.

Annoyingly, only wired internet is available in the rooms, which is not good if you have an iPad like me. WiFi is available, free of charge, in the lobby and bar area, but if you want to work on a WiFi device in your room, you cannot connect.

The bed was comfortable and I slept well, and breakfast was good the following morning.

But my whole stay at this property was spoiled by my dinner experience after arrival. It was possibly the worst dining experience I had in a Hilton anywhere worldwide. I elected to eat in the bar, so I could do some work on my iPad, and as it was a Friday ordered fish and chips. The bartender recommended an excellent local beer to wash it down. The beer was good, the food not to. It looked fine, and I tucked in, only to realise the taste was off. On closer examination, there was white fish in the batter, but there was also a thick layer of what I can only describe as cream coloured slime between the batter and fish. I'm not sure what they had done, but it was seriously not good - I ate no more, and decided to go hungry as quite frankly, it had put me off eating! The bartender looked at the food and looked pretty disgusted by it too!

The service recovery was good - the food was not charged, and the bartender comped the drinks too. So I was happy with how the hotel dealt with the issue, but there should not have been an issue in the first place.

I would stay here again...now I know how the land lies, distance from the airport etc... But they need to urgently get WiFi into their hotel rooms, and get a new cook. It'd be harsh to rate this as 3 blobs in terms of quality, but 4 seems to generous. As there is not a 3.5 option, I have rated as 3.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank David W
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 25 January 2012

I travel almost every week and stay at this hotel once or twice per month. I have had to travel for about 36 years and have stayed in a wide spectrum of hotels from dumps to the Waldorf Astoria. This is my favourite place. It's very clean and quiet and the food is excellent. It's a short distance from the airport and when I don't have a rental car I can use the frequent and free shuttle. Best of all are the staff. They always greet me by name whether at the front desk or when they answer the room service phone. They are all so genuinely nice that I feel at home whenever I check in even though I live 3000 miles away. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Corner Suites are very private and quiet
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 23 January 2012

I stay at the Hilton once a month and the staff are extremely friendly and accommodating. The rooms are spacious, clean and the hotel is extremely quiet. It still amazes me to this day that the staff no matter who they are remember my name and welcome me whenever I arrive at the hotel. The accommodating nature of the Staff make this my only Hotel when staying in Richmond.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Kamloops, Canada
Reviewed 11 January 2012

We stayed at the Hilton during a sporting event. There were several teams staying there at the same time. Even though the hotel was quite busy, the hotel staff were able to serve everyone in a timely and efficient manner. Every person whom We dealt with, either before or during our stay, were extremeley friendly and accommodating. Our rooms were well kept, comfortable and quiet. We will look to the Hilton first , the next time We need to stay in Richmond.

Room Tip: The corner deluxe suite is your best bet.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 18 December 2011

It is always feeling good when stay at this hotel. The staffs are always friendly and welcome every time. The check in and check out time are so sufficient, quick and accurate. The facilities, Airport Shuttle are all excellent. Since the train from Richmond to Vancouver is only take 15-20 mins, this hotel is 5 minutes walk to skytrain and is very convenience to go to downtown Vancouver. Very impressive service make me definitely choose this hotel for my next visit either downtown or airport hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business