“Excellent airport hotel”

Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Excellent airport hotel”
Reviewed 3 January 2012

An excellent hotel for a layover. Clean comfortable rooms (mine was a little warm but nothing an open window didn't fix). Great reception staff. I left too early in the morning for the breakfast but it looked good. And I just loved the resident cat 'Freeloader' who sat and watched me depart.
A five minute walk to the Skytrain so easy to get into the city. Recommended.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank KiwiWanderlust1
Daysinnyvrgm, General Manager at Days Inn - Vancouver Airport, responded to this review, 24 January 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and recommendation, even freeloader felt much appreciated.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 3 January 2012

I selected this hotel as I was flying in late to Vancouver Airport and had to take the ferry the next day. This hotel offers free shuttle service to and from the airport so I really appreciated not having to take a cab. Note that you have to use the courtesy phone at the airport, and the concierge did not pick it up right away (after 8 rings). I just hung up and tried again, and finally after 5 rings I was able to speak with the hotel reception. The shuttle is convenient as it runs as late as 12:30 after midnight.
The hotel room itself was clean and exactly what I expected given what I paid for it. The only issue we had was that the hotel offered free wi-fi, but the signal was weak. After speaking with the front desk, they let me use their courtesy computer with wi-fi and everything was fine.
The continental breakfast was really appreciated, particularly by my teen-age son. The selection was good, and an attendant prepared fresh, made to order waffles. I really liked the fruit salad.
All hotel personnel were friendly and polite, and the premises was clean. I would recommend this for any short stays, particularly if you have to travel to or from the airport, but it is not a place to stay for any length of time as there is no pool or other activity for kids.
The proximity to the Bridgeport Skytrain Station was great for us to catch the bus to the Tsawaasan Ferry terminal, but it is not a neighborhood I would feel comfortable spending time in.
All in all, it was worth it for what we needed, which was a comfortable hotel close to the airport and tranfers.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank CanCruiser
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your keen observation about the service and facilities. We are glad that all your concerns were addressed and that you had a great stay.
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 26 December 2011

Quiet, comfortable, friendly, personable. Adequate breakfast. Clean room, good firm bed. I was very happy with this hotel. Free shuttle to airport, and 5=10 min walk to skytrain for access to downtown. Free use of computer in lobby. No complaints. Always ask for CAA / AAA discount. It made a big difference.

Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

We cannot thank you enough for your comments, well said in such a short sentence. We look forward to all your future stays.
Reviewed 21 December 2011

We had a great north facing view of the mountains. The staff were extremely helpful and were very patient when helping us print out our boarding passes for an international flight. The location is just minutes from the airport and a short two minute walk to the sky train stop at the River Rock Casino. Great price and a great value!

• Stayed December 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and comments, it just made our day and push us to do even better.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 18 December 2011

I have stayed here many times over the years and have found that this hotel is one of the best around the Vancouver Airport. If you’re looking for a comfortable stay while on business or even while passing through I would highly recommend the Days Inn Vancouver Airport. The rooms are very spacious and the beds are amazingly comfortable. The bed’s at this hotel I have found are even more comfortable than beds at a 4-5 star hotel! This staff here is amazing and each time I was greeted with a smile. Some of the staff I have encountered in the past: Suzie, Jeremy, Shirley have been great help to me. The River Rock Casino (which has the Bridgeport Canada Line station attached to it) is within a 5 minute walk. One of my favourite places to eat around the hotel is called the Italian Tomato. Great Pasta, but big portions! Free WiFi, Free Shuttle Bus to the Airport you can’t go wrong with this hotel. If you pass by this hotel, you’re missing out on a great place!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

First and foremost, thank you for choosing us as your home away from home. Our team feels very motivated to provide much appreciated customer service with clean and comfortable stay.
Salt Spring Island
Reviewed 10 December 2011

We've stayed at the Days Inn three times prior to and after long flights. Each time, we have been pleasantly surprised. The rooms are very clean, quiet, and to our surprise, the last time we stayed in a king room, we had the use of a computer. Each room is equipped with a small fridge and coffee maker with a basic continental breakfast in the morning. Shuttles run frequently from the hotel to and from the airport. You certainly get value added for a very reasonable price.

Room Tip: The king room was very comfortable and had the use of a computer in it.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Daysinnyvrgm, General Manager at Days Inn - Vancouver Airport, responded to this review, 12 December 2011
Dear Guest,

We welcome all your reviews and comments. Thank you for considering us stay after stay to be your home away from home. Our staff is committed to provide clean, comfy and great customer service at all times.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 6 December 2011

I stayed 13 days at Days inn, Richmond, BC, in the same room for 89$ per night with breakfast included, the service was great great!! I thought this was fairly cheap considering we had breakfast included...The room was in very good conditions, mint conditions, with newer furnitures, and the cleaning peoples very acomodating. There was a sky train station right next to the hotel so it was easy to take it and go visit the city. On my next trip to Vancouver, I will definitly go back to the Days inn Richmond, best price, best service in town guarantee!!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your sincere comments and review. We are pleased to know that you are well served with each and every visit to find us clean, comfortable, accommodating and easily accessible.