“Very pleased with Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pacific Gateway Hotel at Vancouver Airport

Pacific Gateway Hotel at Vancouver Airport
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
Nelson
“Very pleased with Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

First off a big thank you to Eddie the shuttle bus driver. You were so nice and very imformitive about the area, and so kind to phone about my purse after I left it in the lobby. The staff at the Delta were very very nice and made me feel very welcome after my flight had been cancelled. The room was very clean, and very comfortable beds and pillows. I would recommened this hotel to friends without any hesitation. I felt very comfortable being on my own. Thank you all, again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
amsandhu, Manager at Pacific Gateway Hotel at Vancouver Airport, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Dear Guest,
I have shared your kind feedback with Eddie and he also wanted to thank you for taking the time to write back. We know that a female guest travelling alone has unique needs and we strive to provide a safe environment and services that provide the friendly and efficient service. Thank you for sharing your positive comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Delta Vancouver Airport hotel.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

I am a regular business traveller and Delta Priviledge member. I stay at Delta in expectation of a comfortable and consistent experience. As a chain generally, and as a specific property, I was once again completely satisfied with my stay at this property. It is very convenient for the airport and visiting clients in the Lower Mainland. The room was excellent. The staff were friendly and pleasant. You want 5 star and a walk to expensive trendy restaurants - stay downtown. If you're a business traveller seeking comfort, convenience and staff that respect your "bubble" - stay here. I was staifed with the value received and would stay here again.

Room Tip: The view of the river, and the marina, is very pleasant.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
I appreciate your kind feedback after staying with us at the Delta Vancouver Airport and am glad that we met your expectations. As a business traveller that stays away from home and family at times, we are aware of the sacrifice and endeavour to provide friendly and efficient service. I look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

remote,OR
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

Delta Hotels are not my friend it seems. They just seem to fall short of what they claim. The real pity is that I've stayed now in four different cities in Delta hotels and the pattern is consistent and validated when compared to similar class hotels.

I should mention that I usually book via priceline and get a very good discounted price. But, sometimes I've stayed here due to a delayed flight paid for by the airline and the results were the same.

If you are a grey person with a grey personality and don't mind standing in lines for no reason while front desk staff scratches their heads, you'll love this place. They were listed on priceline as a four star hotel as I remember. They are not 4*. They now list themselves on the usual travel web sites at 3.5*. Well, maybe. More like 2.5* to 3* to me.

I arrived at 9 AM at my last visit to this hotel (my flight that morning had left my home city at 530AM) and tried to check in. I was told to wait until 2 Pm in the lobby. No offer even to check my bags was made. Plus I needed to start work for the day. We all know it only takes 15 minutes to clear out and clean a room. Lots of people were already leaving and I'm sure some were already clean. (Maybe they were waiting until one of their priceline-special lesser rooms opened up. I've seen that in other Delta hotels but I don't know if that was the case here. If that was what this was about, that is a violation of the contract with priceline with whom the room are supposed to be any unsold room- ROH.)

So, I went to one of the few chairs in the smallish lobby (remember they were described as 4* at that time so that is the standard I'm holding them to) took out my computer and the newspaper and answered email and sat sideways on the setee. Of course I have all my luggage and computer with me so I couldn't exactly even walk around or go to breakfast.

I'd say about two hours later the Manager saw me sitting there and asked if he could help. I told him I was waiting for my room. He had a room key for me in 60 seconds. What had been addling the brain trust at the front desk? Who knows. Maybe it was all that grey polyester in the uniforms. If fact, if I had only two words to describe this hotel experience, they would be "grey polyester." Wifi is free but only in the lobby. Parking is expensive but if you go around the side of the block there is plenty of on street parking. The hotel restaurants fulfill every hotel restaurant stereotype for catering to a captive audience. It's a long walk to any restaurant choices and even to the skytrain into town. Well, on priceline you have to go where they put you but, at this point, when it comes up a Delta hotel I groan.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Dear Guest,
I want to apologize as we did not even meet your basic expectations and am personally embarrased that you experienced this at my hotel. We take pride in providing the best service that we are capable of irrespective of where the guest has booked their reservation. As an airport hotel, we are acustomed to our guests checking in and out at all hours and have systems in place to make sure that we provide efficient and friendly service. I am sorry that we fell short of what we strive to deliver during your stay.

I would appreciate if you can get in touch with me so that I can apologize personally and discuss your stay feedback in detail.

Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

Location: Very good with a great view of the Fraser river and the marina.

Room: Average.....but bed was very comfy.

Staff: Very friendly and very helpful.

Breakfast: For the price you pay for a room in this hotel; you should get a great breakfast, instead of toast and a bit of fruit.

Food: Food from the kitchen was excellent. I ordered spagetti and it tasted great. The portion was huge......thanks chef.

Sleep Quality: TERRIBLE....DO NOT STAY IN ROOM 905. THIS ROOM IS NEXT DOOR TO THE LOUNGE/BREAKFAST ROOM/KITCHEN AND THE NOISE WILL WAKE YOU UP AT 7AM.
The hotel manager delegated this room for us. The funny thing is that the staff did tell us that other guests complain about this room and yet the manager is not aware of this? Hard to believe.

Suggestion for the hotel manager: Please tell your chambermaids not to use the door latch; alowing the door to slam on it every three minutes, as noise channels through the walls.

We are locals, and, we like to get away from time to time to relax and sleep in, but this was def not the right place to do this.

so, yeah....overall we're disappointed as we have had better experiences with other hotels in Richmond, at half the price, a lot more modern, and a better breakfast.

Room Tip: Do not stay in room 905. This room is located next door to the lounge and it's noisey next door...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
amsandhu, Manager at Pacific Gateway Hotel at Vancouver Airport, responded to this review, 13 April 2012
Dear Guest,
I want to apologize for not meeting your stay expectations and I have shared your feedback both with my housekeeping team as well as the managers on duty so that we learn from this and implement changes right away.
I also thank you for your time on the phone today to talk with me and for letting me know that you will stay with us again within the next month. We look at the guest feedback as an opportunity to learn and thank you for taking the valuable time to share.

We look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Halifax, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

This hotel is you run of the mill, in and out airport hotel. There is not a great deal of character in this hotel. The place is tired looking elevators like phone booths. The hotel is fine as a stop over but the rates are high weeknight $170 plus for one guest and weekends $200 plus. concierge and shuttle drivers very helpful. Stay if you must but the price will make you feel like you have been taken advange of.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
amsandhu, Manager at Pacific Gateway Hotel at Vancouver Airport, responded to this review, 5 April 2012
Dear Guest,
I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback after your stay and am disappointed that we were not able to exceed your expectations. We have just recently renovated our hotel including the guest rooms and have received great reviews from our guests but I do agree that the tastes and prefernces for the design do vary.

Thank you for noting the friendly service of the Concierge and Bell department as the friendly service and a desire to please our guests is my team's driving focus.

Alert Bay, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

My stay was very comfortable. People say it is hard to get around the city when you don't have a vehical because the hotel is not located in walking distance of shopping, the bus, or the skytrain. However, I found the hotel shuttle service wonderful. The shuttle took us to the mall and gave us a number to call when we were ready to be picked up. The same for when we went out for supper. It was a wonderful service.
Paying for the internet is a downfall. The staff is helpful and friendly.

1 Thank Jill C
Dear Guest,
Thank you for noting the benefits of Delta Vancouver Airport's location. It gives our guests pece of mind if they are using Vancouver International Airport as we are just 5 minutes away and yet our complimentary shuttle allows you access to the main shopping and attractions of Richmond.
You would be also happy to note that based upon our guest feedback, we have made a decison to not charge for the internet in the guest room anymore. I look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Sechelt, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

This property has been upgraded over time but the rooms are small, there is no wireless internet unless you go to the lobby. There is an additional $14 a day for open parking and a charge for internet use. You can upgrade for a price to a deluxe room but basically you get the same size room with a view of the river and free internet. Overall there is better value to be had with other 3 star hotels in Richmond

Dear Guest,
Based upon our guest feedback like yours, we have decided to not charge for the internet use in our guestrooms effective immediately. Currently we have the wired internet in the rooms and I am excited to share that we are also at the start of a project to add WiFi capability to the guestrooms.
We value your feedback and thank you for taking the time to share it after staying with us.