“Great Day!”

Mayfair Lakes Golf and Country Club
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Located minutes from downtown and the airport, this 18-hole, 6,641-yard course is simply breathtaking. The towering Coast Mountains to the north, the Pacific Ocean breezes from the west and shimmering stretches of water add both beauty and excitement to your game. Designed by Les Furber, Mayfair Lakes is known for fast, well-protected greens, lush fairways and distinctive water. Its inspired layout offers a unique challenge on every hole. Member GolfBC Group.
Reviewed May 17, 2018

Had the pleasure of golfing here last week - course was in great shape and the staff were friendly and professional. Will definitely be back for another round!

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"lounge"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed April 3, 2018

Had Easter Buffet there last sunday with my Family and was so disappointed with the food and the e service!!! No bread or toast or butter or jam just a cold and hard Eggs benedict??? The nerve of the manger to tell me thats all they have as a bread????

MayfairLakes, General Manager at Mayfair Lakes Golf and Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2018

Thank you so much for your review. We’re sorry to hear about the service you experienced during your visit. This is certainly not reflective of the standards we hold here at Mayfair Lakes Golf & Country Club. If there is anything we can do to address your feedback, please email me at msmedstad@golfbc.com and I would be happy to discuss your comments, Mike Smedstad, General Manager.

Reviewed September 1, 2017

We had a retirement party at the Lakeside Grill and it was truly awful!

The server was cold and unfriendly. She made it seem like she was doing us a favour anytime she needed to take a drink order or provide service. Our drinks were almost always empty and we waited a really long time to have her even take our order.

I'm a vegetarian and I understand that most menus aren't tailored to my dietary restrictions... but attempting to order from this menu was incredibly stressful. Almost every single item had meat in it and when I asked about making substitutions they were unwilling to work with me. They told me if I ordered the Pad Thai with vegetables instead of chicken I'd have to pay more than the original menu price. I asked to speak to the manager so I could tell him about my poor ordering experience. He brushed off my concerns and went on to tell me about how great several of their meat dishes were instead of discussing the lack of meatless options/substitutes available.

The food was incredibly overpriced and I don't believe anyone at our large table was satisfied with what they received. The mussels that one of our party ordered hadn't even been cleaned before being served.

It's a beautiful location... too bad the dining experience The Lakeside Grill provides is terrible. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND!

2  Thank Sara W
Reviewed September 1, 2017

Terrible service. The waitress could not have been less pleasant and unfriendly. Food was mediocre and expensive. Poor quality and served cold. We had a group of 14 but there were only a few other tables of people and no excuse the poor service. The beautiful location didn't make up for the unpleasant experience. Would not recommend this place.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 3, 2017

I played this course today and found the layout flat but interesting with numerous water hazards and bunkers making for a decent challenge. The course condition was quite good with well kept fairways and greens. Unfortunately the attitude of the staff rather spoiled the experience. In the restaurant the server clearly overworked was slow and grumpy although the food when it arrived was reasonable. The shop staff were appalling though failing to allow us to use the showers claiming them as for members only. The public facilities were dirty and primitive with one toilet and one basin. We played on a hot sunny day and then went to the airport to fly to the UK, and had to wash in one dirty hand basin. I have enjoyed my time in Canada and found almost everyone courteous and helpful. Mayfair Lakes are inhospitable and uncaring and have left me with a sour taste. I would avoid this course at all costs.

2  Thank Paul T
MayfairLakes, General Manager at Mayfair Lakes Golf and Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2017

Our behalf of the team here at Mayfair Lakes we apologize Mr. Paul T. for not making your entire experience great. I am glad you enjoyed the golf course and the food in our Lakeside Grill restaurant. We do have various rest room facilities throughout our club house and I am sorry if they were not pointed out to you. Mayfair Lakes is a semi-private golf course, also open to the public, with members that pay an initiation fee to join as well as monthly dues thus they have access to a "members only" locker room area which have showers. As part of our long term plan we are looking at renovating our public rest room areas.