“Best Fish and Chips”

Price range: US$11 - US$26
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Sockeye City Grill is located on the waterfront in Steveston B.C. We proudly serve only the freshest of wild B.C. Seafood. Live Lobster and Crab from our crab tank are a local favorite and are available daily.
Reviewed August 22, 2016

A very nice location along the river with a view over looking the boat on the outdoor patio. The staff was helpful in accommodating our wheelchair guest and the service was great. The fish and chips here are so much better than Pajos. A bit pricy but worth it.

1  Thank RCIT

Reviewed August 22, 2016 via mobile

We are sitting outside looking at fishing boats at a restaurant with the name of a salmon in it's title. I tell myself "if there's one thing they'll know it's how to cook salmon"... I should have ordered chicken or steak, though there's no certainty they'd know how to cook those either. My salmon steak was over cooked dry and tasteless. My Caesar salad was lifeless and bland. Maybe they only know how to do fried foods like fish in batter and potatoes.

1  Thank Rick P
Reviewed July 30, 2016

Nice outdoor setting but depending where you sit you really need shades or the sun glare will get you. It was funny to see all the people look for a Pokemon nearby. You have to enjoy a slushy booze drink, though felt weak on the alcohol, on a hot evening! Our calamari was very good, lightly battered, looked like skinny fries served on a bed of salad in a deep fried edible cone. My fried ordered the sockeye salmon and enjoyed it and I was only ok with my fisherman's pot. Scallops were tiny, fish component was fine, the shellfish and overall taste was alright. I was not wowed for the price. The service was ok, there was a delay to have our drinks/food ordered but the server was pleasant enough.

2  Thank Where_to_travel_next
Reviewed July 25, 2016 via mobile

We ate outside on a glorious evening, very nice to people watch on the boardwalk. Our 3 seafood meals were excellent, my prawns plus scallops on penne was really good. Nice service. Good BC wine selection, local beer selection could be a bit better.

1  Thank Harvey_Regina
Reviewed July 24, 2016

Excellent cod fish and chips. Moist fish and crispy thin batter. The patio is very nice allowing views of the dock activity.

1  Thank dsr1993