“Good as usual”

Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 13, 2016

The food here is very consistent. Really enjoyed the meal here. The teriyaki chicken and agedashi tofu are my favourite. One of the best all you can eat Japanese restaurant you can go. Staff are all Chinese, but no matter. Food is great. Servers work so hard and are so efficient. Be sure to give them a good tip.

Reviewed September 11, 2016 via mobile

Richmond tends to shut down a bit earthy so if you are in the mood for a late night snack you have to know where to look!

Ninkazu is located close to the Aberdeen mall and the Canada Line station @ Cambie and #3 Road.

The quality of the sushi was impressive and they also have an all you can eat menu which is great for people that want to sample all of the dishes.

Better than most, and it's open late!

Reviewed September 9, 2016 via mobile

Came here to satisfy a craving for Japanese food, was very hungry so opted for an all-you-can-eat meal. Arrived at 7pm and quickly given a table for two. Plumped for the Deluxe AYCE dinner for C$27.95=£17 per person cos I love anything with unagi (grilled eel) in it and only the most expensive option had this. Free green tea provided.

The waiting staff were generally helpful and quick. However, the emphasis of this place seems to be on getting customers fed quickly, in and out the door and I found the quality and execution of many dishes were below par. Sashimi was ok, sushi was heavy on the rice and rather large instead of being bite size, baked oysters were smothered in a sour creamy/eggy sauce so I couldn't taste the oyster. Grilled eel sauce a bit too sweet but short beef ribs were ok. Very much hit and miss. We ordered everything in 2 goes and managed to finish everything but not with relish.

Overall, rather disappointing. I would have been better off getting a bento box or sushi set from one of the oriental supermarkets in the nearby Yaohan Plaza or Aberdeen Centre. Far cheaper and satisfying I think.

Reviewed September 7, 2016

The service was good, the food was good. They caught a mistake before we even realized it and brought us more food. We were super excited because you can get sushi here that we can't get anywhere in NJ. Jellyfish, geoduck, lobster, scallop sushi to name a few. just over $100 US for 4 of us.

Reviewed August 5, 2016

I was really looking forward to a sushi place in the Richmond/Vancouver area so the night we flew home we visited Ninkazu. We were the second party in the place so were promptly seated and some of our first AYCE order came out quickly, then really slow for our Miso soup and salad ??? Orders were only partly correct. We ordered from the basic menu as my son and daughter aren't huge sashimi fans...so the 2 - 3pc portions that is allowed per person was fine for them...but they got the order wrong originally. I would order 2 of one thing, 3 of another and it would be backwards. For our second order, our chicken teriyaki and short ribs took almost half an hour to arrive, and then only after I flagged down a waitress to ask where our order was...then they only brought one of our 2 teriyaki dishes but I didn't have the time to
wait for them to fix that.
Quality of food ranged from quite good to only fair at best. Sashimi was nice and thick and sushi okay as well. Some of the Mako sushi had a surprisingly thin layer of fish on top of large amounts of rice underneath....I have been to many a sushi place so when I say this, this is a relative comparison to other restaurants.
Their salad was terrible...poorly cut lettuce with a terrible sauce.
Beef teriyaki and short rib portions were surprisingly large, more than most other AYCE sushi places that offer cooked items.
Oyster moroyato...terrible..but that may just be my personal taste talking. YUCK.
Meanwhile, the sushi rolls were pretty small i.e. short but not an issue because you can order more...however, given the aforementioned slow service, would be better to get a better portion to start with.
There seemed to be a lot of warnings about limiting your order...at discretion of server they could cut you off certain items I guess...even beyond the 6 pieces of sashimi you are allowed (only 2 choices, salmon and/or tuna) on the basic menu. So, is this really AYCE?
So, in the middle of an Asian community on the west coast, I was greatly disappointed and would not return as there are other choices..if it was the only place in town, I would go again.