“Fine Curry lunch special”
Review of Yuu Japanese Tapas

Yuu Japanese Tapas
Ranked #235 of 982 Restaurants in Richmond
Reviewed March 18, 2015 via mobile

I came here with the Work Team and I ordered a lunch special with a Chicken Katsu Curry on Rice, a Mango Pudding, and a Black Coffee. For under $13 I thought this was a pretty good deal. The chicken katsu was extremely crisp on the outside with the right amount of chewiness on the inside. It wasn’t overcooked and it went deliciously well with the curry sauce on the bottom. The rice was also a great complement to the curry and filled me right up. The meal also comes with a side Japanese salad which has a sour dressing to it and gives a nice tangy aftertaste. The Mango Pudding was pretty good with its smooth texture but the savoury chicken katsu cannot be topped. I don’t usually drink coffee but the one here wasn’t bad. Nothing on Continental Coffee but certainly not as bad as the water, I mean coffee, at Tim Horton’s. All in all great value and super filling for a Japanese tapas restaurant so I prefer this place to the nearby Ebisu.

Photos and full review at:

Reviewed September 13, 2014 via mobile

We love their noodle, taste is very good and ths soup is hot when it come out from the kitchen, the portion is big. Also the drinks and dessert is the best in Richmond, I highly recommended this restaurant.