“A great Ramen place, would definitely come again when in town!”
Review of G-men Ramen Shop

G-men Ramen Shop
Ranked #71 of 991 Restaurants in Richmond
Reviewed July 29, 2017

This would be my second time at this restaurant, with the first being in 2015.

After a short wait in line (Alexandra is apparently busy even on a Monday night), I was seated at the bar where I ordered my meal of Matcha latte, fried pork Gyoza, White Sesame Ramen with extra noodle and an egg, and Spicy Salmon.

Pricing was extremely agreeable, and honestly, you couldn't find comparable food here in Toronto at those prices.

The food itself was excellent. Noodles weren't soggy, and the broth and egg were as expected. The Gyoza were well prepared, and the latte wasn't overly bitter or sweet. But the star of the meal, strangely enough, was the Spicy Salmon. Very, very fresh, and the spicy sauce was more of a brine than your typical Mayonnaise, and worked quite well together.

I'm looking forward to my next visit.

Reviewed March 21, 2017 via mobile

I ate there with 2 coworkers. The ramen was good. We had some chicken and gyoza. Both were excellent. Beware they have several rules posted and they won't make exceptions. They only take some credit cards and you must have ID. They won't split a table's checks into more than 2. The sign says only 2 splits. I tried to convince the waiter that one split was 2 checks so 2 splits would be 3 or 4. The waiter seemed to be in pain, so we gave in.

Reviewed March 10, 2017 via mobile

It was for a business occasion with senior coworkers. We ordered chicken karaage (9 pieces), three shio ramen and one shoyu ramen. There is a "how do you enjoy ramen" poster on the wall indicating that once you finished 1/3 of your noodle, you can add chili, garlic, and special vinegar to your ramen for another special flavour. The chicken karaage aren't the best I have ever had. The chicken each is too big. But the flavour was acceptable. Ramen in general is very very salty. I personally like the soup after adding those spices but I couldn't take any sip of the soup. In conclusion, I am still willing to go back on a cold winter day when I am craving for hot heavy soup.

Reviewed March 1, 2017

I needed a place for lunch by myself as I was waiting for colleagues to get into town. They had a nice bar for single seating and the waitress was patient with my questions about the menu. The noodles were good but I'm no expert on Ramen.

Reviewed February 18, 2017 via mobile

It's the 3rd time we visited this ramen shop and wait a line for their open at 5:30! And we're very happen can get inside in the first without waiting till another 30-45 mins ! Noodles came but it's not good as before, we didn't add any extra foods, but it's not much there, only 2 small pieces of BBQ pork and little green onion and one have sprout & one black fungus silk~ that's it! And we glad we order one beer becoz it's very dry mouth after we try some soup and we need drink a lot of water and ate an orange immediately once we back home ! Price is high for this kind of noodle and everything need pay an extra like egg or corn ... I don't think I will going back again, sorry !