“Not Going Back”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Takeout
Neighbourhood: City Centre
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We had a small group and stopped in for a quick dinner before heading to the airport, not knowing what this place was like. It turns out they offer all you can eat as well as regular entree dishes and sushi. Unfortunately, the quality of the food is not good and it didn't taste authentic Japanese. The tempura left a bad oily taste in my mouth all night. The only good things I can say are that the prices were reasonable, and the service was quick. I'm sure there's better Japanese restaurants in the Richmond area.

1  Thank getthemiles

Reviewed April 4, 2013

We often go Ajisen for Japanese food, All-You Can Eat.
We usually get basic All-You can eat. It came with Hamachi sashimi before, but there was no more Hamachi in the basic menu. Oh, no~~~~~~~~~~~~, we love to eat Hamachi sashimi.
However, they have great variety of cooked food too.
Their taste is great! Yummy...

Reviewed January 23, 2013

With this place being all you can eat I didn't expect too much however after an hour in there I was wrong! Worse sushi I have sampled in Lower mainland so far! Really poor quality food, I mean barely edible. Then when the check arrived we found out it was close to $20 each, despite their website saying $11.95. After enquiring about their pricing the only reason we were given was the website is not ours it belongs to the previous owners.... Seven years ago! Explain to me why you are still advertising the same website, which apparently doesn't belong to you, outside your restaurant. COWBOYS! Don't eat here!

For the price you can eat decent sushi anywhere else but here, despite it being all you can eat!

FALSE ECONOMY!

Reviewed March 28, 2012

Nothing special here. I came here for the all you can eat. Food came out really quickly which is a good thing, but the service was terrible!! I mean, does it kill you to smile?! Not one of them looked happy or at least acted like they cared. The Sashimi was good and tasted fresh (thank god!).The rolls were slightly disappointing ..(they use imitation crabs btw) and the beef teriyaki tasted bland.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed October 31, 2009

I liked the service, the toro & salmon belly sashimi I ordered were fresh. The cooked stuff though I wouldn't recommend -oyster motoyaki was blech! black cod looked dry. Will definitely be back to satisfy my once-a-week sashimi cravings. :)

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook