“it took us a long time to find this jewel of an AYCE resto”
Review of Ajitaro Japanese Bistro Ltd - CLOSED

Ajitaro Japanese Bistro Ltd
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Takeout
Neighbourhood: City Centre
Reviewed March 4, 2015

For no less than a decade we've driven along No. 3 Road past the Aji Taro and were totally amazed at why their parking lot was always full of vehicles. Recently we received a flyer offering a discount so we decided to try our luck. What a find, now only is this establishment open until 2 AM but we discovered that they offer AYCE (all you can eat from over 100 food items) for $21.45 PP. Better still if you arrive after 9:30 PM the price drops to $15.45 PP. Of course doggie bags are an absolute NO NO

Reviewed May 9, 2014

First I should say I arrived for their late night dinner special which is $15 USD per adult for ALL YOU CAN EAT. Children are $10. I thought it was a great deal but.....

They bring out all the cheap stuff quickly and all the good stuff super slowly. You order on a paper and they start bringing your orders out. We ordered sushi and miso and salad and some gyoza and various other dishes on our first round. We got big scoops of rice and the salads all came out to us within a few minutes. But all the meats and sushi came out last and came out way, way after we ordered. They are hoping you will up on the cheap stuff.

It didn't matter anyways. The sushi was not good quality. They brought the sushi cones first and they were BIG cones of rice. Almost completely rice. The traditional sushi was really small pieces of fish. All meat dishes were small. So we made larger quantity of orders.

The service was really slow. A few dishes we ordered never came (meats). Hard to get a refill on any of the drinks. You have to ask, sometimes twice. Overall, I feel this place was bad. To finish it off, they mistakenly overcharged us as well. We had two adults and one child, but they charged for 3 adults. I pointed it out and they fixed it. Just bad all the way around. I feel like they give a cheap entry price and then skimp. I would rather pay more and have better stuff/service.

Last pointers.. They charge additional for weekends. Small scoop of ice cream is $1 per scoop. All you can drink soda for $3 is a rip off. They don't refill the small glasses without asking. And their website advertises different prices than what they really offer.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We had a small group and stopped in for a quick dinner before heading to the airport, not knowing what this place was like. It turns out they offer all you can eat as well as regular entree dishes and sushi. Unfortunately, the quality of the food is not good and it didn't taste authentic Japanese. The tempura left a bad oily taste in my mouth all night. The only good things I can say are that the prices were reasonable, and the service was quick. I'm sure there's better Japanese restaurants in the Richmond area.

1  Thank getthemiles
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We often go Ajisen for Japanese food, All-You Can Eat.
We usually get basic All-You can eat. It came with Hamachi sashimi before, but there was no more Hamachi in the basic menu. Oh, no~~~~~~~~~~~~, we love to eat Hamachi sashimi.
However, they have great variety of cooked food too.
Their taste is great! Yummy...

Reviewed January 23, 2013

With this place being all you can eat I didn't expect too much however after an hour in there I was wrong! Worse sushi I have sampled in Lower mainland so far! Really poor quality food, I mean barely edible. Then when the check arrived we found out it was close to $20 each, despite their website saying $11.95. After enquiring about their pricing the only reason we were given was the website is not ours it belongs to the previous owners.... Seven years ago! Explain to me why you are still advertising the same website, which apparently doesn't belong to you, outside your restaurant. COWBOYS! Don't eat here!

For the price you can eat decent sushi anywhere else but here, despite it being all you can eat!

FALSE ECONOMY!