“"Can't go wrong with lunch on a Hot Plate!!! "”
Review of Pepper Lunch

Pepper Lunch
Ranked #103 of 1,008 Restaurants in Richmond
Reviewed March 13, 2017

It was our first time to eat at this restaurant and we were not disappointed. My whole family liked it plus my best friend visiting all the way from Georgia, USA. The steak was awesome, very juicy and the staff were very friendly...they approached us and explained how the sizzling plate and the proper sauce to be used... They also have kids meal, hamburger or chicken with pasta or rice... They also offer Chicken, Salmon and Seafood dishes. After savoring the sumptuous meal we suggest you taste the Mochico ice cream and their cheese cakes...a thumbs up from my 8, 10 and even my 19 year old son!!! We will definitely come back.. Enjoy your sizzling hot plate experience!!!

Reviewed January 22, 2017

Stopped here for lunch with some co-workers last week.

Orders are placed at the front counter. I ordered the most popular dish, the classic beef pepper rice, and by the time I sat down it arrived in about 2 minutes. The beef and rice tasted pretty good, and they provide extra sauces to add some sweetness or saltiness to the dish. My only real compliant is that the beeff only consisted of maybe 6 bites. Anyone with a decent sized appetite should probably order extra meat, or add a side order of something.

Overall, it tasted pretty good, and you pay a little more for it. Probably worth noting that since you "cook" your own food, your clothes tend to smell like your lunch too.

Parking available in the complex, but at busy times, can be difficult to find a space.

Reviewed October 12, 2016 via mobile

My friend has been to this place a few times and was ranting & raving about the Kobe beef skillet. I wasn't in the mood for beef so I ordered the curry chicken instead.
It was chopped up grilled chicken with some curry powder on top with other spices surrounded by corn and some rice. I usually have lots of curry sauce with my curry chicken and was not impressed with no sauce and super dry meal.
I did have a bite of his Kobe beef and it was very nice so next time I go I will definitely have the Kobe beef as he originally suggested.

Reviewed September 26, 2016

I was across the street at VanCity and decided to wander into the Pepper Lunch to enjoy my mid day meal. I ordered the curry chicken pepper rice for $12 which I was obliged to pay upon ordering. It was an enjoyable repast.

Reviewed September 24, 2016 via mobile

Stopped here randomly and absolutely loved the food. I know it seems kinda lame that you fry your own meal, but I really liked that part because I could cook my steak exactly the way I wanted it. It's also great if you're keto or low carb. You can ask he not to give you the side rice and just get extra veggies with your meat.