“Excellent stay”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in North Vancouver
Airdrie, Canada
“Excellent stay”
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Currently enjoying my second of 3 weeks at this hotel in beautiful North Vancouver, BC. When I returned to check in at 930 am on the Monday, my room was made available within minutes. The Front Desk Customer Service person recognized me from the previous week and was extremely welcoming. After dropping off my bags in my room and hopping the seabus to downtown to work for the day, I returned to find a card in my room welcoming me back with a complimentary plate of fresh fruit waiting in my fridge in the room.

This hotel is one of the finest I have stayed at across the country, and I have been in several dozens of hotels in the last year. The service is outstanding, the small details (like the umbrella waiting in the room closet) are numerous, and the amenities are fantastic. While I haven'y used the 25 metre lap pool, I have used the extensive fitness facility which is fully loaded with cardio, universal weights, and free weights.

I look forward to my 3rd week in North Vancouver, the Pinnacle is making my weeks away from home much easier to swallow.

Room Tip: Get the Harbourside if possible but try to avoid the 4th floor. The gym can get noisy when there is...
2 Thank Ninjaroo_1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (378)
Montreal, Quebec
Reviewed 21 February 2012

We stayed at the Pinnacle for 5 nights in February 2012. We booked a room with a mountain view, but were upgraded to a city view. Fantastic view, in a nice-sized room with a comfortable bed. The location in North Van is convenient, with easy access to the Sea Bus to downtown. We had a nice breakfast at the restaurant. The food was good, but not spectacular. The fitness centre is a bonus; you don't normally get a 25-meter pool in a hotel! Finally, the service was constantly friendly and helpful.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
TimMorrison, General Manager at Pinnacle Hotel At The Pier, responded to this review, 23 February 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and your meals in the Lobby Restaurant. Your comments regarding our team are appreciated and i will surely pass them on to our team.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Burlington, VT
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I travel to Vancouver quite a bit, and thought I would stay in North Vancouver as a change of pace. Found the Pinnacle online and gave it a go. This is a new, clean, cheery property which I would recommend as an alternative to staying in the city or if you want to be north of the bridge. Easy access to the city via the Seabus, which is a five minute walk from the hotel itself. Not as much happening in North Vancouver as Vancouver, but it has its charms, and a slower pace than the city. Be sure to opt for the city/harbor views, which are unobstructed and spectacular - in addition to the view it is much quieter than the 'mountain' view rooms, which are actually quite misleading as they look over a major thoroughfare (the Esplanade) and views are directly into other city buildings - if you are lucky you can catch a glimpse of the mountains. Rooms are perfectly comfortable, reasonable size, have nice bathrooms, and well maintained. Also thought the front desk staff was really helpful and friendly. $11 to park overnight sure beats $40 to park at city hotels. Free wifi is a plus also.

Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank jdr27
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 20 February 2012

This was our first stay at this new hotel. The European style room was well designed and furnished. The complex has an (almost) Olympic size pool, whirlpool, and excellent fitness facilities and the location is close to the Sea Bus pier to Vancouver.

We ate breakfast, lunch, and dinner at hotel and all were excellent. The service was superb. Staff were very friendly.

We will visit here again soon!

Room Tip: View rooms overlook the harbour.
Dear Guest,

I am very happy to hear you had a wonderful time at our Hotel. I will surely pass on your comments to our team and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Whistler, Canada
Reviewed 18 February 2012

The Pinnacle at the Pier is our first choice to stay when traveling to Vancouver for appointments or for pleasure. The staff is very welcoming, polite and helpful. The rooms are clean, modern and pay attention to detail including free wifi, a fridge and microwave and modern coffee maker. We love the harbor view rooms and the higher up the better for spectacular views of the water and downtown Vancouver. We have been pleased to receive a fruit and cheese plate welcoming us to the hotel from the Concierge, a little touch of home. The hotel location is excellent. If you want to make the trip to downtown, you can jump on the sea bus for a short ride and miss all the traffic. Or, you can stick close to the hotel and enjoy close walks to the Lonsdale Quay Market or to the numerous restaurants in the area. Sometimes we never leave the hotel. We appreciated the lap pool, and Jacuzzi, which we enjoy after a workout in the gym. What sets this area apart from other hotels is the floor to ceiling panoramic views of the harbor. It is relaxing and enjoyable. The bar and restaurant are comfortable with excellent food and drinks. Our dinning experiences have always been perfect. We can catch up on the latest golf or hockey while sitting in the bar and still enjoy a great meal. We cannot wait to return to the Pinnacle!

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floors have great view of the harbor and downtown Vancouver. Nice to step out on th...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
TimMorrison, General Manager at Pinnacle Hotel At The Pier, responded to this review, 20 February 2012
Dear Susie H.,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your feedback on your experience at the Hotel. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed yourself and would recommend us to others.

Our entire team looks forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Great location, near the Quay (market) and Ferry landing to Vancouver downtown. Good size room and comfortable price. Really enjoyed the location to all my areas. Many good, small, restaurants within walking distance. The house restaurant is a little expensive but service/food is good. Suggest Quattro arcoss the street. It's a great italian restaurant with a huge selection of fancy wines. The Caesar salad was magnificent..!

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the water side view.
Dear Brain J.,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your feedback on your recent experience at the Hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience in the Hotel and the Restaurant. Thank you as well for your constructive feedback regarding the menu prices in the Restaurant. We regularly conduct market surveys of the restaurants in the area to ensure we are competitive and after receiving your feedback I will request that our team does a review.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Chilliwack, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 14 February 2012

I would absolutely love to leave a great review here like I have for my recent stays in the city of Vancouver however I would be leading you in the wrong direction. This hotel is brand new, the rooms are beautiful and different because in the Harbour view rooms there is glass between the actual room/bed and the bath. Although this could get really akward if you are not married etc. That's about all I can say for the positives unfortunately. The hotel was confusing! There was no order to the madness of which elevator went where and don't even get me started on the parking lot. My first impression when I called to ask a few questions was met with a snooty girl who clearly does not know the value of a new guest. They were offering a 50 dollar credit for the hotel that you could only use for dinner or parking and cost you 30 - we opted for bed in breakfast which was only 10 dollars each, you couldn't use the credit... ? When we arrived we were parked uphill in the parking lot and had to carry all our luggage half way around the building. We had parked in the residential parking which wasn't marked and eventually would lock us out when we wanted to go our for late night pizza. Once checked in, we wanted to make a reservation for the restaurant, once again met with an young male with an attitude who seemed bothered by any questions we had. When we tried to get directions we were cut off and told there is a yellow pages, we asked for a concierge were told he is not always there (?). Room service was good, prompt. They add their gratuity prior. The next morning the bill was under the door by 7 am which made us feel rushed.
Upon checking out I mentioned a few of my concerns all while complimenting the style and room and was told "Sorry to hear that. Too bad you wont be returning."

All in all, it is clear to me only by experience of some of the exceptional hotels across the water that the staff is either inexperienced, underpaid, or just don't care. The little things are what count when you are on a romantic getaway, I felt like we stayed at super 8. Definitely makes me appreciate places like Hotel Le Soliel and L'Hermitage that cost the same or less and treat you like you are actually in a 4 star.

Room Tip: Harbor View worth the 20 extra dollars
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Briana L
TimMorrison, General Manager at Pinnacle Hotel At The Pier, responded to this review, 15 February 2012
Dear Briana L.,

Thank you for sharing your comments on your recent stay with us at the Pinnacle Hotel at the Pier. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the room and the extraordinary view of downtown Vancouver from your room. I am although very disappointed to hear about the service challenges you experienced with members of our team. At the Pinnacle Hotel we pride ourselves on exceeding Guest expectations and clearly this was not achieved with your recent visit. Please be assured that I have followed up on your concerns with our Front desk team to ensure these services issues as you have identified were addressed and will not be recurrent in the future.

Thank you very much for your constructive comments.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Vancouver
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites North...
#2 of 10 in North Vancouver
Hotel BLU
Hotel BLU
#11 of 89 in Vancouver
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,457 reviews

Been to Pinnacle Hotel At The Pier? Share your experiences!