First of all I want to mention that we did not plan to stay almost a whole day at this hotel.
We wanted to check out Vancouver first, but then I got sick in the morning, so we decided to drive directly to our hotel (we already had a reservation).
We entered the spacious and almost bit upscale looking lobby at about noon. We kindly asked if we could get into our room right now due to my bad condition. But the girl at the reception told us that every room is still occupied or in need of cleaning (this hotel has over 160 rooms and 60 suites, so quite large) and it was already noon - I couldn't really believe that, cause it was Friday (not Saturday or Sunday). I needed a place to rest very urgent, but they couldn't provide a room.
After about an hour (in the meantime I tried to get some sleep outside in our (cold) car) my girlfriend checked a second time with the front desk (this time a different girl) and now they were able to get us a room. Finally!
The room itself was very nice, spacious and clean. Huge flat tv, micro and fridge. Very quiet area and very nice maintained hotel property with lots of plants and trees, although hotel is
located just beside an intersection (but very well protected by trees). A supermarket (Real Canadian Superstore) is in walking distance - that was very good, because my girlfriend could buy some drugs for me (she was not allowed to drive the rental car).
Restaurant (breakfast) was great, we had a breakfast package (20 bucks credit for the restaurant). Parking is free and the free wifi is pretty fast.
This hotel should have a nice pool what I've heard, but due to my bad condition we were not able to check it out.
I would definitely stay there again. If we would have gotten a room at our first try, I certainly would have rated this hotel as excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award winning hotel conveniently located off Highway 1. Spacious rooms and suites with features that include microwaves, fridges, free internet access, free parking & bottled water. Great amenities include restaurant, lounge, banquet rooms, indoor pool, fitness centre, hot tub & sauna. Accessible rooms offered.20 min drive to Downtown Vancouver and only 90 min drive from Whistler and minutes from Grouse & Cypress Mountains, Capilano Suspension Bridge, PNE & Deep Cove. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites North Vancouver reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites North Vancouver
- Holiday Inn North Vancouver
- North Vancouver Holiday Inn