Whilst visible from the Ironworkers Memorial Bridge, getting into the hotel was our first challenge. Although when you've found the turn off once, it's easy!
The waterfall, totem pole and fountain out the front were beautiful, a very relaxing welcome to this hotel.
Check in was smooth, and being a Priority Club Rewards member, we were given extra bottles of water and a bag of trail mix. A pleasant surprise.
Initially we had two rooms a few doors apart (212 and 210), however once we realised that interconnecting rooms were available, a quick stop at reception had us moved to Rooms 211 (1QB) and 212 (2QB) the next morning.
Each room was clean and had a little kitchenette (microwave and fridge) which was fine for the two nights we were there. The rooms were very close to the front entrance (and the waterfall), but there was no noticeable noise from the cars coming through.
Breakfast and dinner at The Pantry were lovely (but not included). I would recommend it for meals, but I can also say that room service (provided by The Pantry) was equally lovely and arrived within 20mins.
The gym was clean with treadmills, cross trainers, bicycles and weights. The indoor pool looked nice, but I didn't use it.
Since our sightseeing was focused on Grouse Mountain (seeing Coola and Grinder at feeding time was amazing) and Stanley Park (last time we visited was just after the 2006 storms - lovely to see it rejunivated), I would say it was a good location, since we had to drive anyway. However, if you wanted to see downtown Vancouver, you might find it a little more challenging being in North Vancouver.
To finish our stay at Holiday Inn North Vancouver, the check out process was lovely (even if it was 7:30am) and the concierge, having noted that we were beginning a very long drive to Jasper offered us a few extra bottles of water to keep us hydrated. I got the feeling that this wasn't necessarily because of my Rewards card, but more because he genuinely wanted to be helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award winning hotel conveniently located off Highway 1. Spacious rooms and suites with features that include microwaves, fridges, free internet access, free parking & bottled water. Great amenities include restaurant, lounge, banquet rooms, indoor pool, fitness centre, hot tub & sauna. Accessible rooms offered.20 min drive to Downtown Vancouver and only 90 min drive from Whistler and minutes from Grouse & Cypress Mountains, Capilano Suspension Bridge, PNE & Deep Cove. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites North Vancouver reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites North Vancouver
- Holiday Inn North Vancouver
- North Vancouver Holiday Inn