We recently visited Vancouver and were advised by friends to try the Lonsdale Quay Hotel. It is situated on the third floor of a market, on the water, on the North Shore. The SeaBus (ferry to Waterfront Station downtown Vancouver, Gastown) is right beside this lovely and so handy market, which has a permanent indoor component as well as an outdoor farmers' market May-Oct.
I loved a few things: (1) taking the Skytrain from the airport, hopping onto the SeaBus, and arriving at the front door of our hotel in 30 min, for $6/ea. The ride back to the airport cost only $2 each -- crazy (2) sitting outside on the ocean-side patio, drinking our morning coffee (or afternoon beer), enjoying the gorgeous view, then catching the SeaBus, which comes every 15 min, and being in downtown Vancouver in 5-10 min (3) paying way less (<1/2) than my friends who stayed downtown in 4-5 star hotels that weren't on the water and were no more conveniently located (4) buying food, wine, gifts, fresh produce downstairs and being able to bring purchases right up to the room.
Our room was nice but not deluxe, with a balcony and a little fridge, clean and bright. Perfectly adequate. We enjoyed a lovely seafood dinner steps away from the hotel at a ocean-side restaurant called Pier 7. Much quieter and more peaceful at night than downtown Vancouver. We slept well and weren't ever disturbed by noise. Hotel staff was helpful and competent. No complaints. Would stay here again in a heartbeat. Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come for the Experience! Located on the spectacular North Vancouver waterfront! The Lonsdale Quay Hotel is a gateway to Vancouver's attractions, Whistler and major North Vancouver businesses. Whether for business or pleasure, our hotel is your best choice on the north shore of Vancouver! Explore our new Executive Rooms, Junior Suites and Standard rooms! Our Waterfront Boutique property will leave you with lasting memories. Fantastic Vancouver waterfront boutique hotel located in a vibrant market and shops. Your best North Vancouver Hotel choice. Accessible to all attractions! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Lonsdale Quay Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lonsdale Quay North Vancouver
- Hotel Lonsdale Quay
- Lonsdale Quay Hotel North Vancouver