“All Hype NOT So Good”

Vera's burger shack
Ranked #246 of 412 Restaurants in North Vancouver
Cuisines: American
Description: Also listed on Urbanspoon.
Description: Also listed on Urbanspoon.
Reviewed February 6, 2017

Well I was told that this was the spot for the ultimate Burger experience in Vancouver...not sure about this? I left with more questions then any sense of satisfaction.

The whole experience needs to be better defined, or if this is what Vancouverites think is the ultimate burger experience then the bar is very low my friends.

I would suggest that you approach this establishment with some trepidation before you decide that this is the spot. I really hope I am wrong but I come from a Burger hot city well East of here and I don't think good old Vera would survive in the big smoke.

Reviewed February 3, 2017 via mobile

Went to this location to redeem a Groupon. Pre-ordered over the phone for pickup. Arrived at lunch and we were the only customer. Was told that wifi was down and I had to pony up cash. I helped the cashier teether her itouch to my iphone to validate the Groupon. My son wanted fries and was told that the deep fryer may be out of service (she diidnt know???). Paid the balance and left 50 cent change in the tip jar. Received the order and was just about to leave when the lady at the cashier demanded $2 for her tip on a $20 takeout order. Now i am one who normally tips if i receive good service; something which i feel didnt happen during this trip (hard time redeeming groupon and no fries). Incredible that service staff would have the guile to demand 10% for pickup orders. Needless to say i wont be back.

Reviewed November 14, 2016

There was a sign outside saying "Best Burgers in Vancouver 2012" and it was lunch time, so we thought we'd go in. We ordered our burgers and after we had waited more than ten minutes and no other customers had entered the restaurant, we began to worry that we had made a fatal error in coming. Eventually, however, our hamburgers did appear and they were worth the wait.

Reviewed April 24, 2016

Good, routine burgers! Fresh meat and a great variety of trimmings for your burger. Fries and onion rings ok but not great. Quick, friendly service.

Reviewed March 13, 2016

The burgers here are good. We ordered a burger and a veggie burger. the poutine I ordered would be the main reason I would go back here. It was big and yummy. The restaurant was small but clean. The service was average. They do have a small patio which is an added bonus.