“The Walmart of Restaurants”
Review of White Spot

White Spot
Ranked #102 of 412 Restaurants in North Vancouver
Reviewed August 23, 2016

Why do people keep giving us gift cards to this place and why do we keep using them? The atmosphere of this place is atrocious. Babies are screaming, the kids on the other side of our booth are standing up and staring at us, the kids in the booth next to us are sitting with their feet on the table and their underwear showing. Our server didn't appear very mobile and wasn't very educated about dietary substitutions. When I told him I need a couple modifications to my meal he signed and said, "Oh boy...." Well sorrrrrrry! I ordered a salad without the chicken and cheese and my husband ordered a burger and poutine. So why on earth did the two tables sat in a different server's section AFTER we were sat, receive their food so long before us that they were done eating by the time our food arrived? Bad from beginning to end, just like I hoped it wouldn't be.

Reviewed August 22, 2016

After waiting for about 10 minutes we were asked whether a table would be o.k. Um, yes, I'd prefer not to eat off the floor! I guess what he meant to say was "would you prefer a table or booth". We were also surprised that there was lots of space when we, along with parties with small children, were asked to wait. Service was borderline unfriendly, the food o.k. I had the Asian noodle salad, my friend another salad. Won't be my first choice for dinner again.

Reviewed July 23, 2016

The food is always okay at this White Spot but on a recent visit the service was terrible. With many people waiting for a table, tables were not being cleared. When we finally were seated we were surrounded by dirty tables waiting to be cleared. They need to hire more staff to keep up the pace.

Reviewed May 14, 2016 via mobile

Worst service ever! It was a very slow Saturday late morning when we arrived. Told we had to wait a few minutes when it looked like no one was in the restaurant. Finally got sat and waited a good 10 minutes before anyone came over! When the waitress finally did come over, there wasn't a warm smile, it was a "have you decided yet?" We order our drinks and again had to wait a long time for them to come. And just a couple of minutes after the drinks arrived our meals arrived--the meals were for once nice and hot when they came to our table! When we finished eating, again we waited for someone to come over and remove our plates... I ended up going over to a different server and asked him to get our bill. It took our server another 10 minutes to come over with the bill. I won't be returning to this White Spot, I will take the extra time to go to either Park Royal or Park and Tilford!

1  Thank Andrea C
Reviewed May 7, 2016

My son and I relished every morsel of our eggs Benedict brunches yesterday (we arrived at noon). He enjoyed the florentine with spinach and I had the classic. The sauce was perfect and the side of hash browns was the best I've ever had -- soft inside but nice 'n brown and crisp on the outside. All of it was so tasty. Not only were our meals delicious, but also the price was very reasonable and the quality exceptional. Kudos to the chef! You can get breakfast meals at lunch time by ordering from their special "brunch" menu. Just ask for it if you happen to want breakie rather late in the day.