“As good as our favourite Cora's in Montreal” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cora Breakfast and Lunch
Ranked #7 of 309 Restaurants in Coquitlam
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Coquitlam, Canada
“As good as our favourite Cora's in Montreal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2011

We're familiar with Cora's from seven years of eating there in Montreal. Chez Cora's is a breakfast place that will please everyone. This is a family restaurant here (but in Montreal, it was a student hangout at the one we went to). See what I mean? Pleases everyone!

You can get a relatively inexpensive breakfast there, or a hearty one, or a calorie conscious one (Déjeuner d'Annie, in Montreal, or Peggy's Poached, here). The breakfasts come with loads of artistically cut and arranged fresh fruits (even the two year old loved that!). Food is fresh, ample, well presented and tasty.

It’s a busy place, so get there early to get a table without waiting. Order the French Toast with crème anglaise—best way to eat French toast ever! The Bennies are great too. If you want to chat over breakfast and have a wonderful meal, Cora’s is worth it for sure.

Website is in English and French: http://www.chezcora.com/.

• Visited November 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Vancouver
“Better than DeDutch/IHOP/Denny or any of the other breakfast places in BC..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2011

My fiance and I get the same days off and we love going out for breakfast, we normaly alternated from DeDutch or Ihop (which was his fav) but we decided to try Cora as we had heard about it from friends who lived in Calgary.. I have to say when you walk in your greeted at the door first by the wonderful arrangment of fruit decore wither in flower shapes or fishes made out of melons and even birds, then by the hostesses or by the kitchen staff who seemed to be enjoying their job a little to much by smiling and laughing. My fiance and I were seated at a both and only took about a minute for a very cheerful server to greet us and tell us the daily special and take our drink order. My fiance had one of the fruit smoothes and then another as they seem to use only real fruit in their smoothies and not some powder stuff. I had coffee that tasted better then starbucks. the server only took about 5 minutes to return with the berverages and then we ordered from a wide range of meals. My fiance had the sunshine panini ham that came with half a plate of fruit and I had the buckwheat blessing which also came with half a plate of fruit as well as a apple spear that looked like it took forever to make. My blessing were fantastic and have been my favorite for the last few times I have been back. My fiance chowed down on his panini and ate all his fruit ( which is funny as he is not a fruit eater at home) when I menitoned he must have liked his meal he said the fruit was so fresh that it seemed fresher there from when you buy it at the store. we sat a bit to digest and enjoy our surroundings the decor on the walls of the selected items you can buy all over the wall made you feel cozy and at home. the servers all seemed so friendly with all th guests as well as each other and you could hear some great singing from the kitchen staff and you can tell they truly love their job. Towards the mid of our morning one of the owners named Blake came to our table to check in on us and tell us a bit more about Cora.. and I can tell you after what Ive learned and the wonderful experiance I had we have been going back every week ever since...

Thanks so much to the Cora staff

• Visited May 2011