“Excellent ambiance and sushi ”

Kiu Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #35 of 746 Restaurants in Markham
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

We have been to this restaurant twice now. Both times we have found it to be the best sushi restaurant we have tried in a long time. The food has been consistent and the service excellent. We absolutely love the grilled oysters, Ebi mayo, sushi nigiri. The specialty cocktails are delicious. Next time we will try the pressed sushi. Our go to sushi place for a nice drink and sushi. Definitely recommend this place. Keep up the great work.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed February 22, 2018

I have been to Kiu several times now and it has become my "go to" spot for several reasons. The restaurant itself is a beautiful space, service is always friendly and the food is consistently good (taste and temperature). It's a place that caters well to both families (with kids of all ages) and serves as a great spot for friends looking to catch up over a good meal and business lunch meetings. I have done all of these within the past 2 months. The menu prices are higher than the average Japanese restaurant but I feel worth it considering most items are house made and I'm also paying for the overall comfort to dine there. Having dined here several times in the past few weeks, I'm glad that regular specials on the menu offer some variety and that there is even a decent dessert option to consider at the end of my meal.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed February 18, 2018

Tried other food from the menu before, This time, I had Kotteri Rich Shoyu Ramen. Yes, the soup is very rich in taste, and not too salty. The marinated soft boiled egg was very good, the egg yolk is almost like jello. Love the ramen, cooked just right.
Enjoyed our meals very much today.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed November 6, 2017

Had a terrific meal here with colleagues while attending a conference in Markham. It is busy and best to call ahead for reservations. The atmosphere is upscale chic but warm and the staff are very friendly. They easily accommodated shared items on individual bills. We each ordered the scallops on greens with beet puree; the scallops were beautifully cooked and warm. I had a custard with savoury broth and seafood. The variety of textures and complexity of taste was incredible. I chose a raman with garlic broth and it was as good or better than the first two items! They take pride in their food and it was very apparent. We will be attending this conference in the future just to be able to eat at KIU again.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed October 11, 2017

You can tell if the place is good by seeing the traffic there! My husband and I were there at 6 PM on Thanksgiving day and it was very busy already! Have been here a few times and always had ramen and they are really good. This time we decided to try different dishes. We ordered the pressed sushi, grilled oyster, fried shrimp (Ebi Mayo), beef salad (Shabu shabu salad) and Unagi egg. They put us in the booth with a nice view outside. Service was ok but mainly because they were just too busy. Definitely a kid friendly place - very spacious and also the food choices are good for the younger kids. Another good part is the location. As winter is fast approaching this place is ideal with underground parking going directly up to the restaurant. Will definitely come back again with my children to enjoy more ramen!

Date of visit: October 2017