“Nice business hotel”

Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Markham
Seattle
“Nice business hotel”
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Nice business hotel. Free internet and reasonable fitness facility. Comfortable beds, spacious rooms, and quiet. Rooms came equipped with TV, refer, ironing board, hair dryer, hot pot, coffee maker...no microwave. The staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast not included in our rate and we did not try food onsite.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
DeltaMarkham, Manager at Edward Hotel Markham, responded to this review, 10 May 2012
I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. If your travel takes you back to Markham we would be delighted to welcome you back and perhaps you may have a chance to enjoy our Executive Chef''s wonderful cuisine.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 31 March 2012

It's a great hotel. The staff was very nice. The gym & pool was also very nice.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank thenighthawk2011
DeltaMarkham, Manager at Edward Hotel Markham, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Thank you for your review. I am glad that you were able to enjoy the recreational facilities we have to offer.
Ontario
Reviewed 16 January 2012

Our hockey team booked into the Delta Markham and were pleased. Free outdoor parking and very hip front lobby. Team was allowed a meeting room, kids just sat in sofas on 2nd floor and got Wifi. Rooms were tidy, spacious and clean. Rate was very reasonable. Waited for elevators alot. Our room had a fridge, some had a microwave as well. Beds looked lumpy but were very comfy. Nice restaurant in hotel. No continental breakfast included.

Room Tip: away from elevator and one with both microwave and fridge, also a lower floor so you don't have...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
DeltaMarkham, Manager at Edward Hotel Markham, responded to this review, 27 January 2012
Thank you for staying with us and for providing your feedback. We always look forward to hosting Hockey teams at this time of the year and hope your goals were achieved. There are times when it is quite busy with the arrival and departure of Guests that the elevators experience high volumes. I hope this did not deter from your overall experience. We do offer a full hot breakfast buffet with a wide variety of items at a nominal charge, and if preferred discounted rates are available inclusive of breakfast. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future and wish you and your team a successful season.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 6 January 2012

Everytime we go to Toronto we stay in Markham, 1) because it's a quiet business district, 2) this hotel is the best and 3) the staff are the best.

We get a package deal for a few attractions around the city and with that we get a complimentary hot buffet breakfast every morning with a jug of coffe on your table as you're sitting down.

They remember us every year when we go, we get upgraded no questions asked if there's something in the room that we don't like. The Pool area is awesome, there's a whirlpool and sauna.

The day we left I forgot a bag of laundry and only realized when we got back home that I had left it behind. I called a few days later and was told that yes they did find my bag and they will send it to me. What I did not expect was that my clothes had been washed and pressed, we're talking underwear, socks, bra, swim suits and I think a few t-shirts and a couple of pairs of shorts.

They are always ready to answer any types of questions concerning the touristic areas and if they don't have an answer they will direct you to the right person or place to inquire.

They've renovated the inside (lobby) and all I'll say is WOW. I would encourage anyone going to Toronto for a few days to try out this hotel if you're ok with being away from downtown Toronot.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank hotmama41
Thank you for your review. We constantly strive to ensure every Guest experience is a positive one and are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future and wish you a very Happy New Year.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 11 December 2011

Rooms are very spacious. Sleep number beds are kind of silly and noisey. Staff was very friendly and helpful especially when pertaining to my sick 3yo. Plenty of parking and good location in proximetry to Chinese food. Tv was old but thankfully not used very much. Bathrooms were clean and bright. Very quiet at night. Front desk had apples or lollipops which was enjoyed by all! Good value for the money. Also. Indoor pool, jacuzzi and workout room! And restaurant on location.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank WabashClub
DeltaMarkham, Manager at Edward Hotel Markham, responded to this review, 28 December 2011
Thank you for your feedback. I'm delighted that your stay was enjoyable.
We do offer pillow top mattresses in most of our rooms and also provide Sleep Number Beds as an alternative. I am pleased to advise you that we are in the process of installing new Flat Screen TVs in our rooms. If your travels bring you back to Markham, don't hesitate to let us know that you would prefer a Guestroom with a Sanctuary bed and a flat screen TV! And as always, we will have the complimentary apples and candies.
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 9 December 2011

I had high hopes after reading up on this hotel but the service is the real letdown here.The restaurant staff was disappointing as was the demeanor in general of the staff.
Some of them were nice and attentive but they were definitely in the minority.
Location can be something of an issue unless you are prepared to be away from the city center.As well I was told there was a free shuttle van for guest use but when I inquired of it it never seemed to be ready to go and there was much confusion at the desk about it which was diappointing.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am disappointed to read that we were unable to meet your expectations. I can assure you that we continuosly strive to provide the highest levels of service to our Guests at all times, and am truly sorry that we were unable to meet your expectations. I am grateful for your feedback and hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
Murren, Switzerland
Reviewed 22 November 2011

i have stayed here several times as my business takes me to an office building opposite. its good and does it all that is required. if you join the club then you get late check outs which for me is great as my flight out always leaves at 1800. one point of information. my colleague booked the same day as i did and for the same number of days but mistakenly booked with a internet provider. the result was he paid $300 more than i did and nothing he could do about it. take care.
very good laundry service and charming maids

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
DeltaMarkham, Manager at Edward Hotel Markham, responded to this review, 24 November 2011
Thank you for your review. We look forward to having you stay with us again.