New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Delta Markham

Delta Markham
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Markham
Ottawa
“Business Hotel in the heart of Markham”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

Tend to stay here as my default hotel in this area and staff will great me by name. My preference is for the Delta chain in Canada and this hotel delivers what one would expect from Delta. Tends to be more business oriented and wireless can be somewhat flaky at times. With a very good restaurant area a 5 minute drive away, I have only had breakfast at the hotel. Breakfast is on par for most hotels, can be expensive and a la cart is a better bet than the buffet unless you are a big eater. Parking is included, good central location for business in this area and close to highways if you are traveling around the city. Not sure I would use this as a base for family vacations. This is an update Howard Johnson's hotel so there is a slightly dated feel and some of the rooms are on the smaller side.

Room Tip: after a few stays, I have been upgrade to suites at no extra cost and these tend to be on the higher...
DeltaMarkham, Manager at Delta Markham, responded to this review, 10 May 2012
I am delighted to read that Delta Markham is your hotel of choice in Markham. I agree that we are fortunate to have a variety of options for cuisine in the area, along with Tivoli Garden Restaurant & Lounge, allowing our Guests the opportunity to dine in or out while staying with us. We do offer several different packages for families who are travelling into the area for various local attractions, such as Canada's Wonderland, Metro Toronto Zoo and the Ontario Science Center and with our indoor pool and recreation area, we do welcome many families to our location. We also offer a variety of room types at the Hotel and are always eager to assist our Guests with their requirements, so please don't hesitate to let us know your preferences.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
New Brunswick
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

This is probably your best hotel choice for Markham. It is usually pretty filled up with people doing business there. The rooms are a little out of date. My mini fridge was very old and my tv was of very poor quality. I found the bed and pillows wait too soft but that is a very personal preference. Some rooms seemed to have had new tvs and new fridges. The front lobby is very nice and inviting. The staff at the front desk were very helpful and friendly. The cleaning staff did an excellent job. My room was very clean.
The hotel restaurant is another story. I had a pasta dish my first night there and it was mediocre. Breakfast was very over priced and the buffet was mediocre as well.I ordered nachos one night and they were not good at all. The drinks were pretty decent. The waitress I had my first night was good, but a lot of people from our company complained they got poor service. The bartender could stand to be a bit friendlier, but he was fairly prompt.
The pool area is not very attractive. I found ants in the sauna. The hotel restroom was not in great condition. In general the hotel restaurant does not look very modern at all. There was a nice courtyard that you look out into , but not seating in the courtyard.

The staff was great that I dealt with and this is most likely the cleanest hotel in the area. Generally I would recommend this hotel if you are there for business. It was quiet and they have internet included and a parking lot.

I did not use the conference area ,but that area was very attractive and up to date when I had a peak at it.

DeltaMarkham, Manager at Delta Markham, responded to this review, 10 May 2012
Thank you for your review!
I am pleased to read that your overall experience was positive.
I can assure you that I have forwarded your experience in Tivoli Garden Restaurant with our Executive Chef and Food & Beverage Services Manager and appreciate you providing us with the details.
I am pleased to advise you that we are replacing our TV's with new LCD models and our fridges. If we have the opportunity to welcome you back, we can ensure you receive a Guestroom with these new features.
Seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

Nice business hotel. Free internet and reasonable fitness facility. Comfortable beds, spacious rooms, and quiet. Rooms came equipped with TV, refer, ironing board, hair dryer, hot pot, coffee maker...no microwave. The staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast not included in our rate and we did not try food onsite.

DeltaMarkham, Manager at Delta Markham, responded to this review, 10 May 2012
I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. If your travel takes you back to Markham we would be delighted to welcome you back and perhaps you may have a chance to enjoy our Executive Chef''s wonderful cuisine.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

It's a great hotel. The staff was very nice. The gym & pool was also very nice.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank thenighthawk2011
DeltaMarkham, Manager at Delta Markham, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Thank you for your review. I am glad that you were able to enjoy the recreational facilities we have to offer.
Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2012

Our hockey team booked into the Delta Markham and were pleased. Free outdoor parking and very hip front lobby. Team was allowed a meeting room, kids just sat in sofas on 2nd floor and got Wifi. Rooms were tidy, spacious and clean. Rate was very reasonable. Waited for elevators alot. Our room had a fridge, some had a microwave as well. Beds looked lumpy but were very comfy. Nice restaurant in hotel. No continental breakfast included.

Room Tip: away from elevator and one with both microwave and fridge, also a lower floor so you don't have...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
DeltaMarkham, Manager at Delta Markham, responded to this review, 27 January 2012
Thank you for staying with us and for providing your feedback. We always look forward to hosting Hockey teams at this time of the year and hope your goals were achieved. There are times when it is quite busy with the arrival and departure of Guests that the elevators experience high volumes. I hope this did not deter from your overall experience. We do offer a full hot breakfast buffet with a wide variety of items at a nominal charge, and if preferred discounted rates are available inclusive of breakfast. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future and wish you and your team a successful season.
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

Everytime we go to Toronto we stay in Markham, 1) because it's a quiet business district, 2) this hotel is the best and 3) the staff are the best.

We get a package deal for a few attractions around the city and with that we get a complimentary hot buffet breakfast every morning with a jug of coffe on your table as you're sitting down.

They remember us every year when we go, we get upgraded no questions asked if there's something in the room that we don't like. The Pool area is awesome, there's a whirlpool and sauna.

The day we left I forgot a bag of laundry and only realized when we got back home that I had left it behind. I called a few days later and was told that yes they did find my bag and they will send it to me. What I did not expect was that my clothes had been washed and pressed, we're talking underwear, socks, bra, swim suits and I think a few t-shirts and a couple of pairs of shorts.

They are always ready to answer any types of questions concerning the touristic areas and if they don't have an answer they will direct you to the right person or place to inquire.

They've renovated the inside (lobby) and all I'll say is WOW. I would encourage anyone going to Toronto for a few days to try out this hotel if you're ok with being away from downtown Toronot.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank hotmama41
Thank you for your review. We constantly strive to ensure every Guest experience is a positive one and are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future and wish you a very Happy New Year.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2011

Rooms are very spacious. Sleep number beds are kind of silly and noisey. Staff was very friendly and helpful especially when pertaining to my sick 3yo. Plenty of parking and good location in proximetry to Chinese food. Tv was old but thankfully not used very much. Bathrooms were clean and bright. Very quiet at night. Front desk had apples or lollipops which was enjoyed by all! Good value for the money. Also. Indoor pool, jacuzzi and workout room! And restaurant on location.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank WabashClub
DeltaMarkham, Manager at Delta Markham, responded to this review, 28 December 2011
Thank you for your feedback. I'm delighted that your stay was enjoyable.
We do offer pillow top mattresses in most of our rooms and also provide Sleep Number Beds as an alternative. I am pleased to advise you that we are in the process of installing new Flat Screen TVs in our rooms. If your travels bring you back to Markham, don't hesitate to let us know that you would prefer a Guestroom with a Sanctuary bed and a flat screen TV! And as always, we will have the complimentary apples and candies.