“Lovely premium rooms and thumbs up to front office girls” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Edward Hotel Markham

Edward Hotel Markham
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Markham
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Lovely premium rooms and thumbs up to front office girls”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2012

Stayed for 3 nights recently in May. Room is lovely and the front desk explained facilities well and clear. Location is perfect to many Chinese food lovers. "Front office team" Keep up the good work. Housekeeping need to look into detail after cleaning. Had breakfast and is average. F&B staff is okay, just need to give that smile on the face.

Room Tip: Book early to get good rates.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
DeltaMarkham, Manager at Edward Hotel Markham, responded to this review, 28 May 2012
Thank you for your review. I agree that there are many great Chinese restaurants in the area. I will be sharing your comments regarding your experience with our various departments, as we constantly strive to exceed our Guests expectations.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2012

Christine and Megan went above and beyond to help out a customer. Greatest customer service in history.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your wonderful comments. I will be sure to recognize both individuals for their commitment to service.
Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2012

Have stayed many times in Delta Chelsia in downtown but first time staying here in Delta Markham. Started on the wrong foot with the reception staff giving me the key to right room but wrote on the key card holder the wrong room ... so ended up not able to enter the room written and went back downstairs got the key re-tool but went I enter the room written on the key card, it was an occupied room (fortunately no one was in !!!). Quickly went down again to recheck the room I was given and have the room written in the key card holder corrected and key card retool and this time I got my room ... all 25 minutes.

Room provided is a double queen and pretty clean with decent washroom and toilettries. Quite business like with free wifi. The hotel is located right in front of Highway 7 so not much of a view in all directions ... my room was facing the industrial park in the rear.

The lobby is pretty dated and not really inviting with the receptions well inside the lobby area after the elevators. Stayed here only one night so did not test out the in house facilties. One thing I can say for the price shown on their booking site it is very competitive compare to any of the 3 star hotels in the Markham vicinity.

Room Tip: Good hotel for short term business visit
1 Thank E-TravellerCanada
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. Please accept my apologies regarding the mix up at check in. I can understand how frustrating this would have been for you and can assure you that this is not a common occurrence. I hope this incident did not deter from your overall experience and would love the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
Oakville, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2012

I stayed at the Delta Markham for one night with my family (kids 2 and 5) and it was amazing, found nothing wrong from the time we checked-in to check-out, The pool and hot tub were fantastic and the kids loved the special treats the front desk gave them at check-in, really made their stay. Thank you for everything!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
DeltaMarkham, Manager at Edward Hotel Markham, responded to this review, 14 May 2012
Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay and had an opportunity to use our facilities. I hope we have a chance to welcome you back in the future.
Burlington, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012

While not exactly drab, the lobby at this hotel wasn't entirely inviting in the previous incarnation. It's much better now! A bit odd to still find CRT televisions but a minor quibble, I didn't get the chance to avail myself of the pool on this trip, spending my time instead at the Wave Pool, a significant local attraction. The staff were friendly and professional although they dropped the ball when the shift changed. My room wasn't available at the specified check-in time but they were able to provide me with WiFi access while waiting.
Overall, a pleasant and worthwhile stay. I would certainly stop here again if my travels take me to Markham.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
DeltaMarkham, Manager at Edward Hotel Markham, responded to this review, 10 May 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to read that you would make Delta Markham your choice for accommodations if you travel back to Markham. I am sorry about your experience during the shift change at the Front Desk, and will certainly address this with the team. I am pleased that our staff were able to provide you with Internet access while you were waiting for your Guest room. On a side note, as Delta Markham, formerly Radission Toronto Markham, our ownership and team have remained the same and we continue to strive to provide the highest level of services to all our Guests. I am pleased that you like the new look of our lobby and hope to welcome you back to Delta Markham in the future.
Ottawa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

Tend to stay here as my default hotel in this area and staff will great me by name. My preference is for the Delta chain in Canada and this hotel delivers what one would expect from Delta. Tends to be more business oriented and wireless can be somewhat flaky at times. With a very good restaurant area a 5 minute drive away, I have only had breakfast at the hotel. Breakfast is on par for most hotels, can be expensive and a la cart is a better bet than the buffet unless you are a big eater. Parking is included, good central location for business in this area and close to highways if you are traveling around the city. Not sure I would use this as a base for family vacations. This is an update Howard Johnson's hotel so there is a slightly dated feel and some of the rooms are on the smaller side.

Room Tip: after a few stays, I have been upgrade to suites at no extra cost and these tend to be on the higher...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
I am delighted to read that Delta Markham is your hotel of choice in Markham. I agree that we are fortunate to have a variety of options for cuisine in the area, along with Tivoli Garden Restaurant & Lounge, allowing our Guests the opportunity to dine in or out while staying with us. We do offer several different packages for families who are travelling into the area for various local attractions, such as Canada's Wonderland, Metro Toronto Zoo and the Ontario Science Center and with our indoor pool and recreation area, we do welcome many families to our location. We also offer a variety of room types at the Hotel and are always eager to assist our Guests with their requirements, so please don't hesitate to let us know your preferences.
New Brunswick
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

This is probably your best hotel choice for Markham. It is usually pretty filled up with people doing business there. The rooms are a little out of date. My mini fridge was very old and my tv was of very poor quality. I found the bed and pillows wait too soft but that is a very personal preference. Some rooms seemed to have had new tvs and new fridges. The front lobby is very nice and inviting. The staff at the front desk were very helpful and friendly. The cleaning staff did an excellent job. My room was very clean.
The hotel restaurant is another story. I had a pasta dish my first night there and it was mediocre. Breakfast was very over priced and the buffet was mediocre as well.I ordered nachos one night and they were not good at all. The drinks were pretty decent. The waitress I had my first night was good, but a lot of people from our company complained they got poor service. The bartender could stand to be a bit friendlier, but he was fairly prompt.
The pool area is not very attractive. I found ants in the sauna. The hotel restroom was not in great condition. In general the hotel restaurant does not look very modern at all. There was a nice courtyard that you look out into , but not seating in the courtyard.

The staff was great that I dealt with and this is most likely the cleanest hotel in the area. Generally I would recommend this hotel if you are there for business. It was quiet and they have internet included and a parking lot.

I did not use the conference area ,but that area was very attractive and up to date when I had a peak at it.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review!
I am pleased to read that your overall experience was positive.
I can assure you that I have forwarded your experience in Tivoli Garden Restaurant with our Executive Chef and Food & Beverage Services Manager and appreciate you providing us with the details.
I am pleased to advise you that we are replacing our TV's with new LCD models and our fridges. If we have the opportunity to welcome you back, we can ensure you receive a Guestroom with these new features.