Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Courtyard
Hotels.comUS$104
TravelocityUS$104
PricelineUS$104
Agoda.comUS$104
All reviews front desk starbucks coffee platinum member an upgrade bed was comfortable upon check bistro lobby highway gym
Selected filters
Reviewed August 19, 2016

I had a one day meeting in the Toronto area. My host's offices were in Markham and this hotel was the first one that popped up on my company travel service. I decided to stay here, and I was glad I did. The friendly staff helped me when I really needed it, and I was pleased with the overall experience.

The hotel is about 20 minutes from the airport. I arrived pretty late at night and some of the road construction barriers on 427 were a little confusing but otherwise it was a pretty straight forward drive. The location is excellent for business travelers to the Markham area.

I arrived at 1:30am in the morning. I had called the hotel twice about my travel delays and sure enough they saved a room for me. It turns out they gave me a super huge double suite. I had an apartment sized kitchen, living room/tv room area. I had a double-doored bedroom with a huge king sized bed and sofa area with a double sink bathroom and a normal toilet/shower area. 2 flatscreen TVs, free wifi and a really good heating/cooling setup. This was way fancier than I paid for.

I was hugely grateful that they still kept a room for me. No doubt all the other rooms had been given away. I am far from a VIP traveler. Thanks!!

The lobby area is in the newly remodeled Courtyard style. A small buffet breakfast is included in my room price with option of ordering a fuller breakfast. There were lots of tables and chairs setup for informal business breakfast meetings. This is normal stuff for Courtyard. This one has been nicely updated (or just new).

There are lots of good business travel hotels in the area. This one was nice, and I'll come back.

Side note: I got total sticker shock on my rental car. I paid over $CDN 215 for less than 24 hours. This was the rate negotiated by my travel service. The rental agent says its supply and demand and hopefully next time it will be cheaper. I hope so, otherwise I am going to save money and get a stretch limo 8-).

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank jkozik
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Toronto Markham, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2016

Dear jkozik,

We are delighted that you took the time to write. Your review lets us know that your stay was enjoyable. Our team works hard to provide a pleasant stay, so we appreciate knowing you felt comfortable while traveling. We thank you for your patronage and hope to be your hotel of choice in the area.

Reviewed August 9, 2016 via mobile

Stayed two nights with family. Didn't use any of the amenities so couldn't comment on specifics. Room comfortable, good front desk service at check in. Standard Courtyard hotel, which usually means of hood standard. Have stayed here before and would do so saga in.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank BritintheUSA1
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Toronto Markham, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2016

Dear BritintheUSA1,

Welcome back! Thank you for sharing your kind review with us and other travelers. I’m glad you enjoy our comfortable rooms and friendly service. It’s encouraging to hear that our hard work is affecting the guest experience. Please visit us again upon your return to the area.

Reviewed August 2, 2016

Third time staying at property in 3 years. Large queen queen suite is comfortable. Pull out bed mattress needs to be changed though. it is very flat and dead. Breakfast closes too early. they need to extend the time.

Room tip: Larger Suite
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Shaun S
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Toronto Markham, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2016

Dear Shaun S,

Welcome back and thank you for your kind review. I’m happy to know your stays have been pleasant and we appreciate you choosing us. Your honest feedback on areas which we can improve is welcomed and fosters change for future stays. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed July 9, 2016

Spent July 4th/Canda Day weekend here. It is conveniently located just off 404 and Highway 7 to a wealth of fooderies/restaurants in Markham. The bed was fine but the pillows were fantastic in my opinion, really held it shape through the night. Wifi was strong, parking was convenient and one the few good hotels that offered it free. I didn't like the fact that the sink was located outside the toilet/shower areas and drain was sluggish. Interior design was a little funky in my opinon, but that is personal preference and not really a negative. Staff was friendly and efficient. Would come back in the future.

Room tip: Go for the top floor for low noise.
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank honc492
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Toronto Markham, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2016

Dear Hon C,

We are happy to hear from you and glad to know your stay was pleasant. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Your recommendation serves as encouragement to our associates who genuinely care about providing each guest with an enjoyable stay. We look forward to a return visit.

Reviewed June 27, 2016

Stayed here on a business trip, very clean very quiet, hot tub and pool very relaxing. so nice i joined the Marriott membership. king size bed was very comfortable pillows were to my liking had a small fridge, TV didn't give a TV listing so had to channel surf.

Room tip: clean quiet comfortable close to restaurants
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Mike S
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Toronto Markham, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2016

Dear Mike S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind review. I’m glad you found our location convenient, accommodations pleasant and staff friendly. We look forward to being your hotel of choice when in the area. Welcome to Marriott Rewards.