“Slightly pricier than average Japanese restaurant, but you get what you pay for”

Hana-Bi Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #143 of 711 Restaurants in Markham
Cuisines: Japanese
Description: First Markham Place in Markham, Ontario
Description: First Markham Place in Markham, Ontario
Reviewed August 16, 2015

Nice small and friendly Japanese restaurant. It is slightly more expensive than some of the nearby Japanese places, but the quality is there. You definitely get what you pay for.

Reviewed May 1, 2015

For years, this was our weekly go-to spot for sushi despite the lack of ambience and available parking. Lately, the quality and level of service has been deteriorating and I have finally given up. There has been turnover of wait staff that don't seem to appreciate repeat business. During my last visit the miso soup was cold (again) and the sushi was not fresh.

I have now discovered Gals at highway 7 and Warden where the the service and quality is outstanding.

1  Thank Linc B
Reviewed April 8, 2015

really enjoyed my meal, the tempura vegetables and shrimp had wonderful airy light batter, not heavy and not taking away from the flavor of what I was eating. The sushi was prepared fresh and was delicious

1  Thank jkregel
Reviewed January 14, 2015

Second time there and not disappointed. Only try their lunch menu up to this point. Beef teriyaki is good – chef still needs some training on the chicken. Came out somewhat on the dry side- little overcooked. Miso soup was okay. Server was very courteous. Would I go back and try the dinner ? Yes !

Reviewed September 7, 2014 via mobile

We had gone here with our family for over 4 years. Everyone there is different from the sushi chefs to the waitresses. The portions are smaller though the ingredients are still good. The waitress didn't serve the miso soup. When I mentioned to get, I noticed she stayed bringing it to all the patrons that arrived after. So, they're obviously going through teething pains. I might try them out in a month or so. If they don't improve, I'll be looking elsewhere.

1  Thank FoodieT