All reviews monte carlo hot breakfast free breakfast bacon and eggs jacuzzi suite front desk staff bagels clean rooms would stay here again nice place to stay mini fridge booked this hotel toronto area business trip bed was comfortable excellent stay dean
Reviewed November 9, 2018

Nice relaxing weekend. The jacuzzi was helpful for relaxing. Bed and pillows were comfortable. We never ate here, but maybe next time. I liked the proximity of the doors out to the parking lot to my room. It was very convenient. I didn't like that they didnt have complimentary toothbrushes and other things. That was less convenient for us.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
SabrinaM33, Public Relations Manager at Monte Carlo Inn Toronto Markham, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments and feedback. We are pleased to hear you found our location, rooms and amenities well appointed and clean. We hope you will choose the Monte Carlo brand in the future.

Reviewed November 9, 2018

I became sick because a person was smoking right by an entrance into the facility and filled my room with the second-hand smoke. This was not a good experience for me. I suggested that they designate a area away from the entrances for people to smoke or off the property as it will not be the last time that smoking marijuana near those who do not smoke. This is a public health issue. If they choose to smoke it at home or in their vehicle, that is fine with me. Just don't do it around or near me.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We do sincerely apologize for the marijuana smell that filtered into your room. We are working on designated smoking areas in each of our locations to avoid situations such as this. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we can assure you this will be mediated.

Reviewed November 5, 2018

We found the rates at Monte Carlo Inn near Buttonville extremely reasonable for our wedding which was the main reason we chose this hotel. We ended up blocking around 20 rooms, but found out that we were going to need many more. In the end we ended up taking up over half of the hotel with 44 rooms.

The rooms were nice and the hotel was close enough to our wedding venue (oakview Terrace) We had a shuttle arranged and this hotel had a great pickup/drop off area.

The biggest issues we faced was with the training of some staff members. They were unaware how to room blocks worked and kept informing our guests who were calling in that rooms weren't available, but it was because we had blocked them all. This got worse and worse as we got closer to the date and less rooms were available.

All I can say is thankfully we had Carly to help us through everything. She was unbelievable. Whenever I had any questions I made sure to speak with her as she was the one who was able to resolve.

I can't say enough about the help Carly provided us and our guests to ensure everything ran as smoothly as possible. Dean was helpful to start everything off in the process, the other gentleman manager was no help at all, and in my opinion, Carly should be the #1 or #2 in this hotel because he customer service really saved the day.
When the hotel was fully booked and we needed 1 more room due to a guest accidentally booking at the other Monte Carlo, she kept a personal reminder to immediately let me know. When a room became available at the last minute she called me right away and we were able to get those guests on site as well.

I would recommend this hotel if you have a smaller wedding (we were about 145 people with 100 of them staying in the hotel) which kind of strained the resources available, but they still pulled through for us, and all of our guests had a great time.

Room tip: The suites are worth the upgrade, cheesy but also really nice :)
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. Carly is one of the newest members of our management team and we are thrilled to have her! We are so happy to hear that your wedding night went off without a hitch and all issues were rectified well before the date. We will surely pass these comments onto Carly and the rest of our team for review. Congratulations and we hope to welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed October 30, 2018

This hotel is very disappointing. The rooms are nothing like what is shown. The only bed in the room was a murphy bed - the kind that folds up in to the wall. The drop ceiling and flourescent lights make you feel like you're sleeping over in an someone's office, not in a hotel. There was a big spider in the room and a smear on the bedspread. Staff were reasonably nice but I would never stay here again. Certainly not worth over $100 a night. At least you should get an actual bed when staying in a hotel.

Room tip: Murphy bed instead of actual bed. If you want to be sure you'll get a real bed, stay somewhere else.
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Relax14714885582
SabrinaM33, Public Relations Manager at Monte Carlo Inn Toronto Markham, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We are regretful to hear that you did not have a comfortable stay with us. Our hotel does have one room with a Murphy bed in it but we can assure you the mattress in that room is of same Monte Carlo Inns standard as our other rooms. We would love to have you back to show you what our quality and standards are. Please email us to discuss this further. Thank you for your feedback and we hope we can restore your confidence in our brand.

Reviewed October 30, 2018

We stayed there for a week. The hotel is clean, nice and the staff is really friendly. We loved having breakfast there, it was always a feast of food...and the bacon and egg...oh lalalala. The room is ok. U have everything u need for a short stay.

Date of stay: October 2018