“Hidden jem”

Uncle Joe's Family Restaurant
Ranked #94 of 742 Restaurants in Markham
Cuisines: Canadian
Reviewed August 19, 2018

This family restaurant is surprisingly great. A Chinese/Canadian fusion and has something for everyone. Our favourite is the steak and eggs or omelettes.

Reviewed April 2, 2018

I joined a birthday celebration dinner at the restaurant. We were seated at the dining room that was nicely decorated. The host ordered for the group the famous lamb racks from the restaurant. It was very well prepared. The lamb was tender and made just right. As a family restaurant, they served the dinner party very well.

Reviewed January 23, 2018

This is in the former Wilson's shoe store (no relation) from the 60's. narrow little restaurant with the kitchen right at the front door. Several booths at the front door & tables in the back. Owned by Chinese but only Chinese food is several stir frys.
Very good food. Best liver & onions I've ever had. Not sure if it is the light breading or the gravy.

Reviewed December 29, 2016 via mobile

I tried Uncle Joe's breakfast a few time in the past and finally my first time trying the dinner menu. My wife ordered a steak - very juicy/tender and I ordered a beef liver and onion - it was cooked so good that my son who does not like liver before ate half of it.

The only setback for the evening was the people at the other table were bit too loud.

I definitely will go back trying other items on the dinner menu.

Good job!!

A few parking spots at the back of the restaurant.

1  Thank Gilbert K
Reviewed November 15, 2016

My husband read about Uncle Joe's a year ago....our first visit in 2015 was good. However, our last meal there late Oct. was terrible. French onion soup was cold, Cajun chicken on the Greek salad was pre-cooked, not a whole piece of chicken but dried up pieces and tasteless. Will not return or recommend this place to anyone.