“Nice place. Mostly for adults at night.”
Review of JOEY Markville

Ranked #5 of 748 Restaurants in Markham
Price range: US$8 - US$23
Cuisines: Canadian, Grill
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The newest addition to JOEY Restaurants, located at Markville Mall in Markham, ON.
Reviewed October 17, 2018

The restaurant is divided between a regular seating area and adult lounge (at night) that is restricted to 19+. The lounge area is 75% of the restaurant. Restaurant is very open with lots of windows. Fair amount of tvs with sports. Is in a mall that is fairly busy - hard to find parking during mall hours.
Service is good. Food is good quality, but a little pricey. The have starters, sushi, burgers/sandwiches, mains - pasta, ribs, chicken, fish, and steaks
Tandoori chicken flatbread was a good starter. Butter chicken and salmon rice bowl were good.
I had the chicken and ribs - chicken was excellent, ribs were not good - tough and nowhere near fall off the bone - very disappointing given the price.

Date of visit: September 2018
Management T, General Manager at JOEY Markville, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2018

Hi Teij,

Thank you for joining us and sharing feedback! I'm glad you enjoyed the majority of your meal and I apologize about the quality of ribs that you received. Our standard is for them to be fall off the bone, and they are addicting when done right! I'd love to have you back in to try some on us. Please reach out to me at lblakeney@joeyrestuarants.com and we can arrange this.

Lisa Blakeney

Reviewed October 6, 2018 via mobile

I went here with a group of 9 people during a business visit, we had good food and the service was outstanding. The place is very big but the waiters had all the time for a small talk, we enjoyed it a lot!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed October 2, 2018

Saturday lunch service was slow and I suspect our waitress was new. It took 3 tries to finally receive a glass of wine, which was one of their house regulars. Admittedly the restaurant was full, but all the servers, plus the manager were very young. There was a distinct lack of organization. Burgers ordered were tasty, but nothing memorable. I thought the prices were a bit high, with extra charge for switching from standard fries to sweet potato fries.

Reviewed October 2, 2018

Nicely served.food was excellent.Eventhough they made a mistake on making sandwich their hospitality was exceed expectations.overall a pleasant experience.

Reviewed September 14, 2018 via mobile

We recently celebrate a friend’s birthday and the restaurant was able to manage to accommodate a large group of approximately 15 people over the lunch hour. In addition to that, they were quite aware and understanding of how the group had a short lunch period to the point that they were efficient in ensuring we had our meals and bills at the same time. Most, if not all, of the meals were described as fantastic, tasty and filling. Server was attentive and courteous to our needs. Great place to meet up with friends and have a good time. Definitely worth the price of the Cobb salad I ordered. Absolutely divine!

Date of visit: September 2018
Management T, General Manager at JOEY Markville, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2018

Hi Roger,

Thank you for sharing such great feedback! I'm so glad to know you and your guests had a good lunch visit. If you ever need help with getting a reservation again please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly at lblakeney@joeyrestaurants.com. We'd love to have you all back!

Lisa Blakeney