All reviews top floor towne place suites free breakfast breakfast room front desk great place to stay king studio chose this hotel based nice hotel an extended stay debit card recently stayed at this hotel small kitchen full size fridge swimming pool parking garage hot breakfast
Reviewed September 20, 2018 via mobile

Dino,
Thank you for your email and response.
I arrived on Thursday September 6th around 1:30pm with my newborn son. The female front desk agent told me that check in was at 3pm and that my room wasnt ready. I had driven oven two hours to get there and desperately had to breastfeed my son and didnt want to do it in the lobby.
I asked her if there was another room available and she said there was one with two beds which I accepted.
She didnt smile at all during the interaction and just stood at her screen the entire time. She finally asked “business or pleasure”. I said pleasure and she resumed looking at her screen. She didnt tell me at all about the facility I had to enquire about food options and the pool. She took down my license plate and charged me for parking. During the interaction another male with dark hair and skin came out of the back office to warm up his own personal food in the lobby?!
I went up to the room and upon first glance I was disappointed to see it was not the same room I had reserved I thought I had a seating area, the agent didnt tell me that my room was downgraded?
I noticed short black hairs on the floor and in the bed, I didnt even want to deal with the unfriendly check in agent at that point.
I realized at that time there was no food options available other than chips and pop in the so I went back out to my car. When I got there I had a $60 parking ticket someone indicated that parking authority was in his car a few spots down so I had to run after him with my newborn and at first he ignored me. Finally told him that I checked in and he said “oh the front desk has been slacking and not doing their job”. He apologized and took the ticket back.
Also in the elevator I was talking with the pizza delivery man I think pizzaville or pizza nova to find out how long it would take. We rode it to the lobby together and he dropped off I guess garlic bread to the front desk staff? I guess some sort of incentive for recommending their business? Anyways totally unprofessional.
I didnt have a good night, not of any fault of the hotel just with the newborn and new environment so I apologize if there were any noise complaints. I had to leave early I think 6am so I went down to the Front Desk.
The male agent who was friendly printed a copy of the receipt however it never came out! He said oh its always slow in the morning. For people that are in a rush this is such an inconvenience.
I said it was ok and that I would go get breakfast in the lobby and come back.
I was confused as I went to the lobby restaurant I did take out the night before and asked what items were included in the complimentary breakfast? She said oh thats on the 4th floor? (Cant remember?)
At this point I was already late, with my newborn and had handed in my key so couldnt be bothered to go back up with my belongings. Maybe if the front desk agent who checked me in told me that would have been helpful?!
Anyways super disappointed considering all the nice ratings it had on line. I was going to stay at the Scarborough Marriott location but decided to stay here instead because of the good reviews which was a huge mistake.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank scarney2018
DinoL1284, Director of Operations at TownePlace Suites Toronto Northeast / Markham, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2018

Dear scarney2018,

Thank you for sharing the information that occurred during your stay. Once again I do want to apologize for the service that you encountered while you were at our hotel.

As discussed, I will be sharing with the appropriate departments the information you mentioned so that these same issues do not happen again in the future.

Once again I would like to thank you for all your feedback and we hope to service you again in the future.

Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

I give 4 stars because of the very exceptional customer service by hotel Manager Brandon and also it’s very convenient location. We booked 3 nights this Labor Day weekend where all the rooms are sold out. We had a isolated incident in our room that we were not happy with. Brandon did what he can to accommodate us, unfortunately there was just not another room avail so we had to check out the next day. He did call us the next day to follow up and apologize. I rarely see these kind of service in smaller hotels anymore so I was impressed.

This hotel offers very convenient location and offers a nice pool for the kids.

Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed August 23, 2018

This was my second time at the hotel. I returned because the first stay was pleasing. I was upgraded to a one bedroom suite, which was nice. However, my second stay was not so enjoyable. Unfortunately I stayed at the hotel on a weekend that a high school team was present. It was extremely noisy. I was there for rest and rest I did not get.
I reported the excessive noise three times to the front desk and on my last try, I was given a new room. Unfortunately the staff did not offer assistance with the move. Later that day, the front desk manager brought me a fruit plate.
While checking out, I was asked how my stay was. I explained I had been recently released from the hospital and I wanted rest, and due to the students' excessive noise level, the stay was not restful. She offered the obligatory "I am sorry" and checked me out.
I later contacted the general manager and told him of my less than pleasing stay at the hotel. He apologized and said he was willing to offer me compensation in the form of a reduction on my next stay or credit my credit card. He told me he would call me back with a firm offer, which he did. Unfortunately we were not able to connect and the last time I left him a message, he just never returned my call.
While my first stay was satisfactory, I don't think I would return to the hotel. I don't blame the hotel for its occupants' behaviour, but I do believe, they could have spoken to the students on the floor, albeit their behaviour may not have been curtailed, but I do believe they could have done more to accommodate me.

Room tip: High floor offers a good view.
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Kris D, Manager at TownePlace Suites Toronto Northeast / Markham, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2018

Good day cherylr292000,

Sorry to hear that your recent stay with us was not to your liking due to the noise caused by some of our other guest in the hotel, for this i sincerely apologize.

I understand that you were not able to connect with our general manager to discuss your recent stay, if you can reach out to me directly at 905-307-5060 so we can discuss further that would be great.

Once again thank you for choosing to stay with us and i hope to hear from you so you may provide us the opportunity to restore your faith in the Towneplace Suites by Marriott Toronto Northeast /Markham

Director Of Operations

Reviewed August 8, 2018

I booked this place based on the reviews and relatively good price, so I was a little shocked at my terrible experience with this hotel. We checked in on a Saturday afternoon about 6pm. Only one other couple in front of us waiting to check in but there were 3 staff standing behind the counter, one on the phone dealing with what sounded like an upset guest while the other 2 were having a nice little chat. The couple in front asked if someone else was available to check them in and they replied that the staff member on the phone would be helping them soon. After waiting another 5 minutes, I proceeded to ask the 2 chatting workers if someone else could help us, to which the lady replied, yes someone will be helping us soon.
The rudeness of a couple of staff could be overlooked, but once we were checked in, we arrived at our room, opened the door and the the room was a disaster. by disaster, I mean, it hadn't even been cleaned since the other guests have left, bed was mess, dirty towels on the floor, they obviously gave us a room that the guests had just left. A trip back down to the lobby, and you guessed it, a line up at the check in counter. Fionally got a clean room after another 20 minute wait. The rest of the evening and night were fine, but such a terrible first impression.

Date of stay: July 2018
Kris D, Front Office Manager at TownePlace Suites Toronto Northeast / Markham, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2018

Dear RoscoToronto,

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused and thank you for taking the time to write to us. Your feedback is indeed very important to us and needless to say this has been shared with the appropriate team members to look into and take corrective measures.

We deeply value your choice in selecting the Towneplace Suites Toronto Northeast/Markham and are committed to providing you with the highest level of service simply because our guests deserve the very best. I would love to discuss your stay further with you, so if you can provide me the best contact number to reach you or alternatively you can contact me by phone at 905-307-5060

Once again, thank you for providing your feedback that will ultimately help improve our service standards and effectiveness. We hope you choose to stay with us again whenever your travels bring you back to the Markham area so that we can provide you with a premium experience that not only meets, but exceeds your expectations

Sincerly,
Director of Operations
905-307-5060
dlucchetto@courtyardtowneplacemarkham.com

Reviewed July 1, 2018

Not a bad hotel lobby area and rooms nicely decorated and updated. I asked for a non joining room when I checked in, so guess what I got(a joining room) was to tiered to complain. First night nice and quiet, that was about it. The toilet had a drip that drove me crazy and the smell coming from the tank was not pleasant. The people were friendly even tho I said something about the drip and the toilet nothing was ever done.

Room tip: There are a lot of restaurants around
Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Kris D, Front Office Manager at TownePlace Suites Toronto Northeast / Markham, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2018

Hi Mark S,

Thank you very much for your honest feedback.

I am glad to hear that you did like our room designed and that our staff were friendly. I am very sorry that we weren’t able to provide the connecting rooms and that you had experienced an inconvenient stay in our hotel. Our goal is to ensure that you will have a relaxing and enjoyable experience and I am very sorry that we fell short in meeting your expectations. You are a valued guest and I hope that you will give me an opportunity to speak to you to get more detailed information so that we can prevent this from happening again. Please let me know the best contact information or you may contact me at 905-474-0444.

I look forward to speaking with you.