“Good bet for your money.”

Walnut Beach Resort
Ranked #5 of 26 Hotels in Osoyoos
Reviewed 12 August 2017

Great location and nice pool area incl private beach. Cleanliness at top quality. We had a room lakeside with a nice vue on the lake and the mountains. Our room was right above the pool restaurant and the BBQ Area which caused some smells into the late night . Next time I would choose a room on the wings.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Walnut Beach Resort

Reviewed 11 August 2017

I specifically booked through the hotel online instead of expedia so that I could cancel my reservation if required. I then noticed it was charged to my credit card and when I called to cancel my reservation I was told that I booked online and it was therefore prepaid and no refunds or cancellations would be accepted. WHY would I book through the hotel website then when I could have got a better rate and better support from expedia or others to get my money back. I have left several messages for the Manager Patty Butcher with no response. I cannot believe a hotel would not grant a refund given the smoke situation in BC this year. Given these conditions we had to make a health choice not to travel through BC this year. I was charged $586 for two nights stay - this is nothing to just write off.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2017

This was our first visit to Osoyoos. The hotel was in a great location. The pool was a little small for the size of the resort but still nice. Nice beach. Great amenities. The food at the restaurant was pretty good. Staff was friendly. We stayed in the suite. It had a bedroom with an ensuite and a den with a pull out couch. Full kitchen, living/dining area and a 2nd bathroom. Great space!! Would definitely pick that room again as it provided privacy from the kids. If you like to boat I would definitely recommend chartering a boat (right on the beach at the resort). We chartered the boat for 3 hours. It was fantastic. The kids tubed and knee boarded. Taylor was our captain and he was awesome. Super nice guy and we had a lot of fun. Would stay at the resort again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank jennifersU7583CN
Reviewed 10 August 2017

We went for a family vacation- nice staff, nice spacious room (we were in a 1 bedroom) and good pool/hot tub area. We had an issue with a smell in the room (there was a bit of stain that was causing it I think) I wish more was done regarding this issue as it took 2 trips to front desk and it wasn't really resolved properly - however based on location, communal bbq and pool area - I would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
North Vancouver, BC
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Our goal was margaritas poolside by noon. Walnut beach delivered. Great pool. Great swimming beach right there as well. Centrally located. Easy access to all amenities in Osoyoos. Walking distance from mini golf. Rooms were clean and comfortable. I was there with three girlfriends but could see my husband and three daughters loving it as well. We'll definitely be back.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 August 2017

Walnut beach is perfect for any occasion. We have been going there for many years now. This year was my first girls only trip and it was perfect. We had a great poolside day, our room was on the 3rd floor overlooking the pool and to the lake, stunning views. The beach is clean and beautiful, jumped off the dock for a lakeside swim. Walnut beach has it all and once again exceeding our expectations!

Room Tip: Its worth it to get a lake view but a mountain view is beautiful too
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 August 2017

Looks like built in the '90's and not touched since. Dirty carpets, damaged old furniture, paint peeling and questionable food as got diarrhea after a burger at pool area!
We travel a lot staying in a range of places (6 months this year, 9 months last year etc) and very seldom write a review but just had to say this place was a rip off at $480 for a $150 room. When Housekeeping are pulling large grey garbage bins down the corridor, pushing into lifts with guests etc it indicates to me a whole new Management needs to be put in to sort staff and maintenance.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple