“What a view to wake up to....” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Watermark Beach Resort

Watermark Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Osoyoos
Summerland, British Columbia, Canada
“What a view to wake up to....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

I was at a wine event in the area last night, so rather than drive home afterwards I stayed at the Watermark Beach Resort. Again I was reminded of what a special resort this is. I'm currently sitting out on the patio working on my laptop while listening to birds chirp and looking out at the lake and mountains. Such a stunning view. It's a moment away from crazy life!

Oh, and they didn't have a wine opener in the room, but you can request one at the front desk.

Room Tip: Ask for a Lakeview. It costs more, but so worth it.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Kim L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Vancouver, BC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

My wife and I wanted a short trip up into the BC interior. We found this property on line and having recently stayed at the property in Vancouver, we thought to give it a whirl.

It’s new, and looks grand. We were given a street side room……………not so nice, too close to the continuous rumble of traffic on a main road. We paid $50 for an upgrade for a room to look over the lake – a little rip I they were certainly not full.

Parking is underground and inclusive of the rate – as is the WiFi, which was a bit of a pain to link to on my smart phone.

Anyway, the room was nice and had everything you need. Comfy bed and as it was winter/spring, we did not use the balcony which overlooked the empty pool and full hot tub.
Ate dinner at the pub across the road, which was not too bad. Walked to the store for some provisions, which was just a block away.

Walked the empty streets in a cool breeze.

All in, it was not too bad a place to stay. Not sure I would stay there in summer as I am not keen on noise and it looks like it could be noisy; based on the shape it has around the pool.
As for clean, neat and presentable, its meets the mark.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Kelowna, BC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

We spent two nights here and it was so relaxing. A little tranquility away from hone! Beautiful appointed rooms with all the amenities you will need. We were in a 2 bedroom suite which was equipped with a dishwasher, fridge, stove and wager and dryer. 2 bathrooms and a large deck. Furnishings were clean and comfortable. We will be back.
Of note, you are near a grocery store, liquor store, pharmacy and restaurants, all within walking distance!
Our only minor negative was they had HDTV's with no HD cable channels.

• Stayed March 2012
3 Thank nettiez
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

We bought a groupon and decided to use it right away, hoping it would be snowing in Osoyoos the weekend we were there. Even though it wasn't snowing we had a great time in this small town. We had requested early check in at noon and our room was ready for when we got there. The 2 bedroom lakeview was a amazing deal for $199/2 nights. The customer service was great. Even though the lake was frozen it still looked very beautiful. I would recommend the watermark hotel resturant rather than the Breeze Bar and grill. The service at Breeze was horrible! We were not greeted and seated for 15 minutes literally and the place was not even busy. The waitress was too busy talking to other employees and seemed like she did not even care to seat us. We even tried calling them before we arrived but apparently they have no phone line at the moment ? The watermark hotel resturant had great and fast service. The food was delicious! We usually visit Osoyoos once a year and I would LOVE to stay at this brand new property next time. Hopefully they will have another deal again soon.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank pinkk003
Vancouver
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

I am a regular visitor to Osoyoos and have stayed at numerous properties around town. I visited Watermark last fall and liked (not loved) the place and what it had to offer. The customer service was never their strong suit and the most recent ordeal proved even worse. Recently my buddy and I purchased a Groupon for 2 night stay for $199 at a 2 bedroom lakeview suite hoping to squeeze a golfing trip this spring. Upon calling the reservations at the front desk, we were advised that the no rooms were available. We immediately looked for online booking and realized that rooms were in fact available. There was no clause by Groupon about blackout dates or related booking policy. We addressed this concern to the front desk and the management who completely refused to honour the Groupon even when there was availability clearly citing that the hotel maintains blackout periods. We were really ridiculed by this incident and contacted Groupon who promptly refunded our Groupon. To say the least, I will never recommend this hotel if customer service is a factor during your stay!! Go for Walnut Beach Resort, newer property and undoubted customer service!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank LoveSouth
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

My husband & I bought the Groupon that was available for a 2 night stay in a 2 bdrm lake-view room with the intentions of using it on our Easter long weekend. We checked the fine print and confirmed that this groupon had NO black out dates. After my husband surprised me with the purchase we went to book our stay. We checked online for availability (not on a 3rd party website but the actual watermark website) and saw that the 2 bdrm lake view suite was available. So I went to call them to make a booking by using our Groupon which was valued at $199/ for 2 nights stay. The minute I told them the dates I was inquring the first thing i was asked was if I had a groupon, when I said yes, the employee immediately said they had no availability. I asked her why the website was showing availability and had been showing availability for a few days now. The employee for Watermark stated that she was unable to book anymore rooms for the 2 bdrm lake view via telephone BUT if I wanted to I could book the stay online thru their website (going rate thru the website was $477 for 2 nights stay in the 2 bdrm lake view suite). When I asked her how I would redeem my groupon thru the website she simply stated "You can't". I proceeded to ask her for clarification as why I was unable to book with her via telephone when the 2bdrm lake view was available and not sold out. I did not get a straight forward answer from her. At this point I bluntly asked if they were intentionally blocking Groupon users from booking so the resort could make more money with regular bookings. She again didn't give a straight forward answer (not surprised). She then said the Groupon states "Subject to Availability" which i reminded her that as of now the resort DID have availability but she was not taking my booking knowing that I was unable to book with a groupon on their website. I asked her why Watermark went thru Groupon to give a deal and was now backing out of it and not honoring it the way they had said they would. I could understand if the groupon specified that on the long weekend the groupon booking will be limited (ex: maximum of 5 rooms will be available for groupon users) OR that the Groupon is not valid on long weekend. Most businesses do this as prices do go up during peak periods such as the long weekend and the #1 reason we bought this groupon in the first place was due to the fact that it did not have such rules written. I complained with Groupon and of course they find refunding the groupon an easy way out for themselves instead of holding a company accountable for what they had originally advertised! At this point in time even if Watermark realized their mistake and the misleading information they were giving us along with acknowledging their false advertisement I would not want to stay here. I have already let serveral friends and family members know of this frustrating situation all of whom visit the Osoyoos regularly and have said they too will not book here.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
9 Thank Sonia D
Port Coquitlam B.C. Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2012

We stayed at the Watermark Hotel September 2011. We were upgraded to a one bedroom suite. Let's just say that you could live in this place it was so nice. Full kitchen, dining area, living area and separate bedroom. Two flat screen tv's. The kitchen had all dishes, utensils, coffee maker, popcorn maker etc. There was also a washer and dryer.
The location is excellent. It is right on the lake and steps from downtown Osoyoos.
We stayed at this hotel while touring the wineries in the area. I highly recommend the hop on hop off wine shuttle service that takes you to all the vineyards. It picks you up right at the hotel and drops you off whenever you want. No tasting and driving.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends