“This could/should be a "5" but I'm picky......”

Watermark Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Osoyoos
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 3 April 2012

First, let me be absolutely clear. The ONLY reason I gave this property a 4 instead of a 5 is due to the noise transference from the suite above us. There was a young family and the children were running around and jumping which transmitted through the floor to us. I'm not enough of a Grinch to expect children to stop being children. End of the reason for the 4.

This is an outstanding property in every other respect. It is central to downtown Osoyoos, right on a beach, has secure underground parking and all the amenities that one would expect from a great resort. It is right on a beach, has a pool with water slide, and is within easy walking distance of grocery stores and restaurants. You can park your car for your stay.

We had a two bedroom unit. This unit was fully equipped for a short or long stay. It even came with a washer and dryer which is a must for people with young children. It had an excellent kitchen with a dishwasher, granite counters, and a double sink. All the necessary dishes and utensils are provided. Basically, just bring your own food and get at it!

One of the things I think most of us use in our ratings is cleanliness. This property is 5 star. We had a team of two housekeeping staff come in and "blitz" the place. They were kind enough to ask if we needed anything before they left.

This unit had two full bathrooms. The ensuite had a tub/shower combination with a great rain head shower. The counter was small but adequate for both my wife and I to put out our toiletries. Another great selling point for me was the fact that the tiles in the tub surround went from the top of the tub to the ceiling. This is an indication of the attention to detail in construction.

The "main" bathroom had a shower also with a rain head.

Both bedrooms were very spacious and allowed you to move around easily w/o bumping into anything.

We had a water view with a large patio. Unfortunately due to the cool weather, we didn't spend anytime outside.

We weren't able to sample the wine bar as it was only open Wednesday to Saturday at this time of the year for dinner only.

All the staff that we met were very friendly and accommodating. I think that part of this is the fact that the staff are from Osoyoos and area.

If you haven't been to Canada's official dessert, it's worth the trip. The town has everything you need for a vacation. I've been going there for nearly 25 years. First, because I had family there and now just to enjoy the place.

BTW, all the pics you see on the Watermark website are believable. They truly reflect the quality of the resort. In my view, this is the premier resort in Osoyoos.

Room Tip: Ask for the water side. You'll pay more but the view and the quiet are worth it. The street si...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank OneOldSage
Write a ReviewReviews (1,488)

Reviewed 30 March 2012

Watermark Beach Resort has beautiful spacious rooms and the staff makes you feel like family right from the start. If there is something you forgot or need, a phone call down to the front desk and it is fixed. You feel like there isn't anything they wouldn't do for you to make your stay memorable. You would barely have the phone hung up and they were at door. We stayed for the snow bird special and the staff had weekly calendars done up for you to know what was going on in the town, coffee every morning and a supper once a week. The rooms are very clean and the kitchens have everything you need. There is a huge outdoor hot tub and steam rooms to finish off your day. A real treat!!! Only draw back is it is pet friendly.

Room Tip: Get a room on the lake side, so pretty to look out onto.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joan S
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I stayed here with my husband and two children for three days earlier in the month. We had a One Bedroom Suite that had a fantastic view of the lake. From the reservation process right up until departing the hotel, we were so very pleased with all the staff. They are truly the friendliest and most helpful people I have every encountered at a hotel. They were particularly responsive to my children which made them feel really special.

The location is great- you not only have the beach right in front of you, but it is also located in downtown. We parked our car for 3 days and never needed it once. Shopping, dining, Grocery, Liquor Store are all literally beside this hotel. There is a safe and fantastic paved walking path that was great for short trips along the lake. There is nothing corporate about this hotel and certainly made we feel very relaxed and at leisure; which was of course the whole point of a get away with the family.

I would certainly recommend this hotel to all my friends and family. We have booked to come back in the summer and can hardly wait.

Traveler’s Tip - Outdoor Pool is closed in the winter but they do have a great hot tub with fantastic views. Book a lake view suite... you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Outdoor Pool is closed in the winter but they do have a great hot tub with fantastic views and a ste...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank KMVan
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I was at a wine event in the area last night, so rather than drive home afterwards I stayed at the Watermark Beach Resort. Again I was reminded of what a special resort this is. I'm currently sitting out on the patio working on my laptop while listening to birds chirp and looking out at the lake and mountains. Such a stunning view. It's a moment away from crazy life!

Oh, and they didn't have a wine opener in the room, but you can request one at the front desk.

Room Tip: Ask for a Lakeview. It costs more, but so worth it.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kim L
Reviewed 27 March 2012

My wife and I wanted a short trip up into the BC interior. We found this property on line and having recently stayed at the property in Vancouver, we thought to give it a whirl.

It’s new, and looks grand. We were given a street side room……………not so nice, too close to the continuous rumble of traffic on a main road. We paid $50 for an upgrade for a room to look over the lake – a little rip I they were certainly not full.

Parking is underground and inclusive of the rate – as is the WiFi, which was a bit of a pain to link to on my smart phone.

Anyway, the room was nice and had everything you need. Comfy bed and as it was winter/spring, we did not use the balcony which overlooked the empty pool and full hot tub.
Ate dinner at the pub across the road, which was not too bad. Walked to the store for some provisions, which was just a block away.

Walked the empty streets in a cool breeze.

All in, it was not too bad a place to stay. Not sure I would stay there in summer as I am not keen on noise and it looks like it could be noisy; based on the shape it has around the pool.
As for clean, neat and presentable, its meets the mark.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2012

We spent two nights here and it was so relaxing. A little tranquility away from hone! Beautiful appointed rooms with all the amenities you will need. We were in a 2 bedroom suite which was equipped with a dishwasher, fridge, stove and wager and dryer. 2 bathrooms and a large deck. Furnishings were clean and comfortable. We will be back.
Of note, you are near a grocery store, liquor store, pharmacy and restaurants, all within walking distance!
Our only minor negative was they had HDTV's with no HD cable channels.

• Stayed: March 2012
3  Thank nettiez
Reviewed 24 February 2012

We bought a groupon and decided to use it right away, hoping it would be snowing in Osoyoos the weekend we were there. Even though it wasn't snowing we had a great time in this small town. We had requested early check in at noon and our room was ready for when we got there. The 2 bedroom lakeview was a amazing deal for $199/2 nights. The customer service was great. Even though the lake was frozen it still looked very beautiful. I would recommend the watermark hotel resturant rather than the Breeze Bar and grill. The service at Breeze was horrible! We were not greeted and seated for 15 minutes literally and the place was not even busy. The waitress was too busy talking to other employees and seemed like she did not even care to seat us. We even tried calling them before we arrived but apparently they have no phone line at the moment ? The watermark hotel resturant had great and fast service. The food was delicious! We usually visit Osoyoos once a year and I would LOVE to stay at this brand new property next time. Hopefully they will have another deal again soon.

• Stayed: February 2012