Holiday inn Hotel & Suites Osoyoos
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Beachfront
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
All reviewsfourth floorboth sidesunderground parkingbit datedboat rentalsindoor poolbeach sidefridge and microwaveosoyoos lakefitness roomview of the lakenice sizewould stay againwe've stayedbeds were comfortableoff seasonliving room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 August 2011

We booked a two bedroom suite for saturday and sunday night this past weekend. We paid over $500.00, it said it would be a double bed and two double beds in the other room, we are afamily of 5. My brother in law and his family also booked a 2 bed room suite as well. So together it was over 1000.00 we spend on 2 rooms!!! Our room only had 2 double beds in total!! The dishes were still in the dishwasher and still dirty when we arrived, we had no towels and when i checked around the room it was unclean, the floor still had crumbs and the toilet was unclean. My husband called the front desk but the phone didnt work lol so he went downstairs and complained to the manager who basically said there was nothing she would do and thats the only suite left in the hotel. The next day we were at the beach all day and when we came back at 5pm they were just starting to clean our room!!! I had to ask them to leave because I have 3 kids who needed a nap and so our room wasnt vacuumed just the beds were made and again no towels were left for us. I went to make tea and coffee and the kettle and the coffee maker were so gross i decided against it.

Another thing was in our room we found bugs, spiders and spider webs on the wall corners. It was gross, no bed bugs, i checked cause i was seriously worried. But tons of stink bugs and on the balcony it was gross, webs, cocoons, and bugs everywhere. totally needed to be cleaned. YUCK

Also if you go to eat at the restraunt downstairs make sure you dont have kids that need high chairs, they only have 1 and the other hight chair has no front to hold a baby safely in it (we have 9month old twins) The front desk also didnt give us a coupon for the kids eat free program they have, so when i went to pay for our food i had to run to the hotel and find a coupon while the kids were all waiting. NICE!!!

Oh and if you want to rent a boat from the boat rental place attached to the hotel I would think twice. The boats are not good for pulling tubes and having speed. Anyways i've never complained before for a hotel but this place was just one thing after another so i had to say somthing.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel. lol
1  Thank whale_flower
Reviewed 17 August 2011

The reception was not friendly, the room although clean was dated and OMG the outside of the windows (overlooking the lake) were covered in dead flies - looked like they had not been cleaned for a long time!! We had corner room with small balconey overlooking the car park and recreational equipment rental area below.
Not worth the +$200 per night price tag ............ this hotel has seen better days and is in need of an significant update.

Room Tip: Stay at the Coast next door !!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2011

The room was great, very spacious and the location is excellent......BUT, the customer service is 'non existant'.......I specifically went into the hotel to book a ground floor room, upon check-in the front desk person said it had been her mistake and that she had given it away to someone else. We took a 2nd floor and needed a cot for one of the kids. we were charged an extra $20 per night, no offer of 'no charge' for the inconvenience, I was quoted a price for both nights when I booked but when we checked out the second night was more expensive, they showed me the check-in form I had signed. My fault, I guess? because when they told me to initial the form for the rate...I did, I never thought for one moment that it would be any different to the price I was told......to end our two night stay we had dinner at the in-house restaurant, I ate scallops and was violenty ill. I told them at the front desk, they reply was 'oh, i'll let the kitchen know so they can check them out'......no apology..no discount..no concern..disgraceful.

Room Tip: check the price before you sign...don't take their word for it.
1  Thank double_0Vancouver
Reviewed 14 August 2011

We have been visiting the holiday inn since it was built. The location is great, right next on the main street and walking distance from restaurants and grocery store etc. The staff is mostly friendly and beds are comfortable, rooms are pretty spacious. That is where the good ends.
The bad. My concern is the beach, because that is where we spend most of the time. They never tend to the beach, it is always rocky and messy. There isn't much beach because of a weird 3 tier design of the lakeside area. The rooms are getting run down, they patch up a lot of the flaws with duct tape, not a contractor. Our rooms were cleaned around 4pm in the afternoon but they skipped us on 2 days out of 7. They don't have enough staff to get the rooms done in the morning. They do have a younger crowd on the weekends and some partying occurs. We return because of the location and ability to come with friends and family. 3 star hotel with 5 star prices.

Reviewed 11 August 2011

I stayed at this hotel for two nights while I was visiting friends in the area. It provided everything that I needed for a very comfortable stay. The room had a kitchenette for convenience of preparing meals if you choose. The hotel had underground parking which was very convenient. The windows in the room opened which is a "plus" for me. The view was exceptional, looking out onto Lake Osoyoos. I ate in both the dining room and the restaurant and found them both to be very good. I would certainly return to this hotel if I was in the area.

Room Tip: If you are not pleased with the location of the room, just ask at the desk and they will move you if something else is available.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo