All reviews fourth floor nice feature both sides nice view of the lake bit dated underground parking indoor pool beach side osoyoos lake fridge and microwave fitness room nice size we've stayed beds were comfortable long weekend living room main street
Reviewed May 17, 2016

The room was very nice and clean and comfortable. The view was spectacular. The terrace is in bad need of repair. The staff were friendly. Great location. The food in the upstairs restaurant was tasteless, reheated and overpriced. I would expect if you are going to charge $34 for a steak dinner, it better be a really good steak. My husband ordered a steak medium and he got rare with no flavor to it at all. Half of the steak was over cooked while the other half was raw.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Vincent V, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Osoyoos, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2016

Dear Leah G

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of recent stay at our hotel. I'm very happy to hear that you found your room clean and comfortable, the view spectacular, and the staff friendly! I am sorely disappointed that you did not enjoy your meal at the restaurant, and sincerely hope that the restaurant staff were alerted to the problem while you were there. I am certain they would have prepared a new plate for you or your husband, or offered you another selection. I invite you to contact me directly so that I can gather more details from you regarding this incident. I would like to ensure the issue has been resolved to your satisfaction, and prevent similar situations from happening again. We appreciate you choosing our hotel during your visit to Osoyoos, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed May 12, 2016

There is a sign in your room as you arrive that mentions the following: 'Hospitality Promise - Making your stay a complete success is our goal. Just let our Manager on Duty or front desk staff know if any part of your stay isn't satisfactory...'
Well, I definitely did let them know, a couple of times. Staying here for 3 nights while on business in the Okanagan was not the best decision.
I've stayed here in the past but this was the worst experience.
The last night (Thursday) was in fact the worst because a bus load of teenagers checked in to all the rooms surrounding me. The noise level, even past 11pm was ridiculous and the hotel seemed to not do everything in their power to rectify the situation.
I called down to reception twice, mentioning that if the hotel can't control the noise, then I need to check out and find somewhere else to get some rest.
My one piece of advice is that if you're going to accept a bus load of teenagers, sports teams etc... because it's bringing you $$'s, you need to have a strategy in place to ensure the comfort and quiet of the other guests. Perhaps don't book a whole team on the same floor as business travelers. Or, how about letting them know that they will be asked to leave in the middle of the night if the noise persists?
If you think that might be an unreasonable request, how about multiple negative reviews on multiple travel sites, which eventually thousands of others will read?

Some other issues during my stay were receiving a bill under my door (which was supposed to go to a 3rd party booking company) and not to me since I had prepaid. Completely different amount which confused me and I had to check at reception if my credit card was charged twice.
Could not enjoy the balcony, even with a beautiful lake view, due to all the bugs and spiders on it.

The only reason I'm giving 2 stars is for the friendliness and politeness of the front desk staff. As far as action and solving a situation, zero.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
vega11ca, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Osoyoos, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2016

Dear mposzt,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize that your visit wasn't everything you expected it to be, and that you were disturbed by other guests. We are proud to sponsor the Osoyoos Secondary Soccer Tournament every year, and this is the first time I have had a complaint; Usually the girls are exceptionally well behaved. I appreciate you bringing this issue to my attention, and will be contacting all team coaches in preparation for next year.
I regret that you received a receipt for your stay that you shouldn't have. I apologize and ask for your understanding as we do have a new night auditor in training, and I will be meeting with him to ensure that these types of errors do not happen again. I can assure you that your credit card was not charged twice for accommodation, and the difference in the rate that you saw is the rate that you paid the third party, minus their commission. Please contact me immediately should you notice any discrepancy on your credit card statement. I am most disappointed that you weren't able to enjoy your balcony. As that is one of our most popular amenities, I'm stunned to learn that in three days your balcony was unusable. I will be meeting with our Executive Housekeeper, and her team, to ensure particular attention is paid to that area of the guest room. I invite you to contact me directly, as I would like to offer you compensation for the inconveniences you endured while you were here. I am glad to hear that the front desk staff were friendly and polite, and that your stay wasn't a complete failure. Your candid feedback is very valuable to me, and I am always looking for ways to improve our product and service. I am very thankful that you have alerted us to a problem and provided us with a new service training opportunity of which I might otherwise been unaware. I do hope we'll be seeing you again.

Reviewed May 4, 2016

We chose this hotel for it's beach location and the close proximity to shopping and dining. The location did not disappoint - however the condition of the hotel and property did. The lobby is plain but welcoming with friendly staff at the front desk.
Our room, however did not justify the rate - although at one time it was probably nice. Our two bedroom suite (one with no window - not sure how this can be called a bedroom) was located beachside, but right next to the lobby where we could hear people coming and going. The bonus: a semi-private patio out front facing the beach.
Here is what we found : stained, rumpled carpets that were a trip hazard, broken door knob to the patio, missing glass cover on outside light,and to top it off a long, black hair on the bedsheets. The bathroom fan was also constantly running when the light was on.
Outside the property was neglected - cigarette butts, badly maintained grass and shrubs (weeds everywhere and bare landscape fabric).
Not sure I would stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the lobby and that's been renovated.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
vega11ca, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Osoyoos, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2016

Dear Travellinmoma,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience during your recent stay with us. I apologize that we didn't meet your expectations while you were here. Your candid feedback is very important to us, as it allows us to target problem areas, and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. I do hope that you will consider staying with us again, as I am certain we can do better next time.

Reviewed May 3, 2016

The hotel is situated just next to the lake, the location is really great, the town center and restaurants reachable in walking distance. The room was really big and clean. The bathroom concept I did not completely understand, with wash basin placed outside of the bathroom itself, but in the end it was clean, so be it. Our stay in the hotel was during the high season, so the price for a night was higher than usual, a little overpriced in my opinion. The staff was kind and polite.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear Adriana2705,

Thank you for sharing your experience during your recent stay with us. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit, and found your room clean, and our location convenient. Our standard rooms do have the wash basins outside of the toilet / shower area. Our suites however, have larger bathrooms with the standard sink, toilet and shower in the same room. On your next visit, I invite you to stay in one of our suites, which also comes with a full kitchen and a living / dining area. I think you'll really enjoy it. It was a pleasure serving you while you were here, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed May 1, 2016

We are particular about cleanliness, and this room definitely needed a lot more attention, I wore shoes and slippers at all times on the rugs, and behind the doors and along tub line in the bathroom left a bit to be desired. The walls and doors are "thin" so the conversations in the hall , between the adjoining rooms , and in the hallway was loud. We will not be staying here again.

Room Tip: before accepting your check in ask to look at the room.. make your decision then..
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear w P,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I apologize that you did not have a good stay, and that you were disturbed by noisy guests. I will forward your comments regarding room cleanliness to our Executive Housekeeper, for immediate action. I appreciate your candid feedback, and hope that you will stay with us again in the future.